Platinum Dragon Head Fossil

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
20220206_053405.jpg
This Platinum/Gold Dragon Fossil was found in WV.It even looks like the Dragon on the Winter Olympics Commercial!It has finely disseminated veins of PT/Au/Ag
20220206_053126.jpg

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Shanghaied here's the rub , Day in and day out week after week new folks drop in to this site with'' earth shattering'' finds. We the members love treasure but are quick to question anything that's doesn't add up. A while back a guy found a chunk of gold the size of a car in plain view . he wanted members to bring a crew of men on a ship to get this gold . as you can imagine he was put through the ringer on that find. If you'd came here with a coin , ring or war relic the memberships response would have been more to your liking . The guys here see a rock , if you want them to think otherwise you'll need to do more to prove it to them , otherwise it's just the " earth shattering find of the week.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Not a single dragon fossil was ever found'!REALLY!WOW!You are dimensional!Don't know where you been but it's all over the news about the 32ft. DRAGON FOSSIL being excavated off the beach in New England that was DISCOVERED THIS YEAR!And if there's one.....

Utter nonsense!

I assume you mean the 32-feet-long fossil found in England in the UK recently. Not 'New England' in the USA. Also not found 'off the beach', but in the exposed mud of Rutland Water reservoir, in an area of England that's a long way from the sea.

Although the press picked up the term "sea dragon" for sensational reasons and the museum authorities played along with that (note the label in the background below), what was discovered was an ichthyosaur. A limbless marine reptile with flippers (not wings) which is well established in the fossil record. This one was remarkable only by its size. degree of preservation and completeness.

Ichthyosaur1.jpg Ichthyosaur2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to go back and reread the article, that was an ichthyosaur which is a dinosaur that lived in the sea, it is a salt water reptile that lived in the water, not a flying dragon or even a dragon.

Let's please back off the name-calling too.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's okay to be jealous...Jesus still loves you!
Come on Shanghied,lay off the guff man,we,ve had a good time with this,at least I have.Some much needed laughs for me about the Dragons and even got Redcoat in on the fun. Let it go at that.like they said,there,s a bunch of claims on here as to various claims on found rocks,without some proof that it,s actually as claimed it,s still a rock. The guys who doubt your rock actually have many years at what they do and are very knowledgeable when they speak. I know there,s not actually any Dragons,but it,s fun to play with it.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
S

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
Your the luckiest guy on the planet....I can only imagine what it would be like to find the first platinum,and gold dragon head fossil !! Your probably gonna be real famous and rich....how many dollars do you think its worth ? I'm really surprised your not on the national news yet....congrats on your fossil dragon head made of platinum and gold....silly me for thinking dragons were fantasy !!
Thankyou for your reply!As a Gold Specimen that has actual visible gold to the naked eye on the surface,this specimen is valued at 1.5 x it's weight x price of gold per ounce..It weighs 2 pounds.

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the only money I have so I had to try something...
If that is the only money you have, I know it may be tempting to sale the Dragon Head. But you should never do that. I am sure you know of the curse of the dragon, which befalls anyone that tries to profit from the sale of a dragon. Now, I do not know if that applies to fossilized dragons so you may be ok. You would just have to chance it.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread