Platinum Dragon Head Fossil

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
20220206_053405.jpg
This Platinum/Gold Dragon Fossil was found in WV.It even looks like the Dragon on the Winter Olympics Commercial!It has finely disseminated veins of PT/Au/Ag
20220206_053126.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the luckiest guy on the planet....I can only imagine what it would be like to find the first platinum,and gold dragon head fossil !! Your probably gonna be real famous and rich....how many dollars do you think its worth ? I'm really surprised your not on the national news yet....congrats on your fossil dragon head made of platinum and gold....silly me for thinking dragons were fantasy !!

Upvote 2
OP
OP
S

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
Your the luckiest guy on the planet....I can only imagine what it would be like to find the first platinum,and gold dragon head fossil !! Your probably gonna be real famous and rich....how many dollars do you think its worth ? I'm really surprised your not on the national news yet....congrats on your fossil dragon head made of platinum and gold....silly me for thinking dragons were fantasy !!
Thankyou for your reply!As a Gold Specimen that has actual visible gold to the naked eye on the surface,this specimen is valued at 1.5 x it's weight x price of gold per ounce..It weighs 2 pounds.

Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being a rock expert. Is there gold in the dragon head. Is it really worth anything ?
SERIOUS REPLY ``

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou for your reply!As a Gold Specimen that has actual visible gold to the naked eye on the surface,this specimen is valued at 1.5 x it's weight x price of gold per ounce..It weighs 2 pounds.
Wow....85,000 + dollars.....86,400$ if gold is 1800$ an ounce.... you gotta find a buyer !!

Upvote 0

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are extremely lucky to keep finding all these dragon heads. I am not expert and may be mistaken, but the size and shape of this dragon head is eerily similar to the Custos Regius Draco, or Royal Guardian Dragon of France. The last known sighting was near Nesle, France in 1798, near the end of the French Revolution. How it ended up in West Virginia, I have no idea. Great find and I would never sell it. I would put it in a show case in my home to admire and share with friends and family.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
S

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
You are extremely lucky to keep finding all these dragon heads. I am not expert and may be mistaken, but the size and shape of this dragon head is eerily similar to the Custos Regius Draco, or Royal Guardian Dragon of France. The last known sighting was near Nesle, France in 1798, near the end of the French Revolution. How it ended up in West Virginia, I have no idea. Great find and I would never sell it. I would put it in a show case in my home to admire and share with friends and family.
I'm glad to be able to share it here with fellow enthusiasts!

Upvote 1

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the only money I have so I had to try something...
If that is the only money you have, I know it may be tempting to sale the Dragon Head. But you should never do that. I am sure you know of the curse of the dragon, which befalls anyone that tries to profit from the sale of a dragon. Now, I do not know if that applies to fossilized dragons so you may be ok. You would just have to chance it.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions