Platinum wedding ring found and returned!

Dug1898

Sep 27, 2011
Fingerlakes Region, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-X2 &
Los Banos Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor Marcia called this afternoon and asked if I still had my metal detector. She said John had lost his wedding ring in the herb garden. I told her I'd be there shortly...when I got there john was on his hands and knees looking for it...he had a huge pile of mulch in the yard and I said, it's probably under that pile! He laughed and said no because he said he already moved it looking for the ring! Funny guy.
Anyways I fired up my Fisher 1236X2 and didn't even put the headphones on...just started beeping away while John explained where he'd been...I covered about 10 feet while adjusting the detector and zoning out the iron...then turned around and headed back along the little winding path...it wasn't long and there was a good double beep...my detector has great pinpointing and I only had to move just a touch of dirt with my Lesche digging tool and there it was!! He was thrilled and so was I. Here's a pic of the happy ending.
$0001 John with Platinum ring.JPG

Upvote 26

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great recovery, well done.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detector's make it possible to find and return, sooo many rings.... It's such a terrific feeling, bringing someone's smile back, with the return... the greatest treasure of all !!!!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Way to make his day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread