What's new

Playground Honor Girl of BE

marble

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
79
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone have any idea what organization this pin comes from? It was with some Campfire Girls items, but I don't recognize this as being part of that organization. The pin is sterling silver and the enamel is very stained.

Thanks in advance!

-Nancy
 

Attachments

  • pin8673.webp
    pin8673.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 683
  • pin8673a.webp
    pin8673a.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 672
I'm thinking the "E" probably stands for Elementary. Are there any elementary schools in that area that begin with "B"? Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Breezie. I'm not sure about schools. This comes from a dirt basement find in southern Wisconsin. But I bet you're right about the "Elementary" part! Thanks!

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
BPOE = Benevolent Protective Order of Elk

I don't believe this is an Elks pin though. But thanks for the thought!

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
marble said:
BPOE = Benevolent Protective Order of Elk

I don't believe this is an Elks pin though. But thanks for the thought!

-Nancy B.P.O.E. Best People on Earth Or so that's what my father-in-law told me :wink:........NGE
 
Upvote 0
Nice ID BCH! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Big Cy: The link you cited for ebay is exactly the same pin. You probably noticed that, but now I am confused. Is the link to confirm the subject, or is it to show it again? My head hurts.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, the auction link provided above is my auction for the pin. I'm fairly certain it's a Camp Fire Girls pin because it was found with the Wo He Lo pin I also have listed.

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Playground Honor http://www.dictionaryslang.com/Playground-Honor

1. n. playground honor is a system of ethics involving fair play, and a desire to avoid adult intervention i.e. the nannystate, including:

1) No tattling; 2) standing up for others when necessary, like Batman; 3) keeping one's word; 4) not being a wuss; 5) sharing; 6) not retelling rules like a wet blanket; 7) not implicating others when busted, regardless of the punishment for silence.

Playground honor was hegemonic when parents would beat your arse for --deleted--; and it was considered unfair to subject even enemies to such treatment. However, Playground Honor remains important to allow play regardless of concern for hygiene, physical safety, and "feelings."

"Nobody likes a tattle tale," a common aphorism, central to the ethic of Playground Honor, and indicates the punishment for violating this system of ethics: Playground Honor is enforced by de-facto ostracism of violators, including tattles, whiners, and worry-warts.

Playground honor is supported by caretakers desire not to have to be bothered by punk ass tattle tales. However, some adults also believe that it is necessary to allow the inevitable injustices and dangers of childhood to be solved by children themselves, in order that they develop moral courage and a sense of self-responsibility.


NOTE: Playground honor is not limited to childhood, and may be used describe the moral decision not to intervene or seek out authority to intervene in someone else's problems during young adulthood.
 
Upvote 0
BCH - your second link goes right back to my auction and also for the sister pin from Wo-He-Lo. I think that site pulls in all auctions for CFG items.

As for the Playground Honor, thanks for the definition! I'm enlightened!!

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
marble said:
As for the Playground Honor, thanks for the definition! I'm enlightened!!

-Nancy
;D
 
Upvote 0
B.O.E. = Board of Education.....
 
Upvote 0
I was just looking through some photos for items due to sell in an upcoming auction I might attend and saw this in a photo and remembered this thread. There is no description of the item but I wanted to add the pic to the thread anyway-
 

Attachments

  • 4941funky2.webp
    4941funky2.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0
Michellets said:
B.O.E. = Board of Education.....
Kieth-Tx said:
Great ID Michellets...you got it!!!
Care to share it with the rest of us? "It" being a matching pic/link from the Board of Education. Thanks. I can find absolutely no connection.
 
Upvote 0
Kieth-Tx said:
Calm down BCH...it looked like he had figured it out...my bad. :tongue3:
Sorry I thought you had it solved. Michelletts should have put a question mark to let us know if it was a just a guess. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: I have zero hits when I put the words together.

Or maybe Micheletts will share the link. :dontknow: I cant find a connection. My request to share is directed toward Micheletts as well. Thanks. ;D (im calm) 8) 8)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom