What's new

Playground Honor Girl of BE

marble

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
79
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone have any idea what organization this pin comes from? It was with some Campfire Girls items, but I don't recognize this as being part of that organization. The pin is sterling silver and the enamel is very stained.

Thanks in advance!

-Nancy
 

Attachments

  • pin8673.webp
    pin8673.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 683
  • pin8673a.webp
    pin8673a.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 672
LOL. Yep...same thing here....it's almost as if it is the only one ever made!
 
Upvote 0
We have a manufacturers mark and somehow nobody noticed. Can marble or anyone tell me what is under STERLING?
 
Upvote 0
I think this might be from a whole piece of society that we have lost notice of through the years. I've found many "Playground Notes" articles in the society pages of newspapers throughout the country circa 1920s. It seems like it was some sort of organized program for kids to take part in over the school summer break (?)

Here is part of an article from 1926 Lincoln, Nebraska newspaper as an example. Note the reference to the "Honor Boy" - girls took part in this so I'm sure there must have been "Honor Girls" too...

16a7ayc.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Excellent ID, thanks! The buyer wasn't sure what it was either but seemed happy to have it.

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom