What's new

Please Educate Me on a Button Backmark

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button today and am hoping someone here can tell me it's age. The backmark reads "*Scovills*Superfine".
I looked in Albert's book and found a "Scovills" dating 1827-1840 and a "Scovill Mg.Co./Superfine rmdc" dating 1850-65.
I would think that this button is the later one but would like some confirmation. It is a two piece about quarter size.
I also assume that it is a civilian flower button?
 

Attachments

  • Button front.webp
    Button front.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 178
  • button back.webp
    button back.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Button front.webp
    Button front.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 173
  • button back.webp
    button back.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 184
Is this a civilian button? There is something about it that I can't put my finger on. I don't know if I even have it positioned right in the picture. Also, it has some weight to it for a button.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the education. Green Check time
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom