Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( :( :( Hey friends. Well heres what happened.. Caveman 2 and I headed out to a spot he had found out that use to be our towns main water supply. As we were making our way down into the area where the hole was, I had my detector laying on the ground and caveman 2 was trying to shimmy down the area because it was soo steep. He seen a large rock embedded in the ground and thought he could stop himself on the rock with his shoe as he slid down. When he hit the rock, the rock came out of the ground and rolled down to where my detector was laying and nailed my sensativity/on button. It bent it really bad and when I tried to bend it back into place, it came off. now I cant turn my detector on because I have no grip. all thats left is a small nub of metal sticking out. any help on what I may be able to doto rig it back up??

Oh and hey on the brighter side.. My son was born on the 24th of october!! Adin Here are some pics. I cant wait to get him out and swinging the detector. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• adin dewayne houk 141.jpg
    adin dewayne houk 141.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 671
  • adin dewayne houk 142.jpg
    adin dewayne houk 142.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 664
  • adin dewayne houk 143.jpg
    adin dewayne houk 143.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 650
  • adin dewayne houk 144.jpg
    adin dewayne houk 144.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 649
Upvote 0

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on your boy :icon_thumleft:
Got a pic of the busted detector? Be easier to give you some ideas after we see what we got to work with...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: :hello: Adin :hello: :hello: Congrats on a beautiful son!!!!! Contact whites and ask the if they can help you out!!! maybe send you a new switch and instruction on how to install it!!! or direct them to this site and let them see the Baby pics they will probably help you out knowing that your finances will be tight for a few years!!!! HH and keep us posted on the outcome on the detector!!!!! HH Chug and Red

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your Beautiful boy!
If you don't get thru with whites, that is probably a common potentiometer with on/off, if you feel confident with it, take the MD apart, remove the pot, & bring it to an electronics supply place, radio shack used to stock this stuff.
specs should be on the unit.
be advised this will void your warranty!
Best Wishes to You!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd first check with whites & see what they may do for you.
#1)But the switch is still there it looks like and if you have the knob for it.You may be able to put something like a dab of JB weld on the center most part of the switch (making sure it's not so much that it squeezes out the sides and hardens before you can remove it.) Another words just enough to make contact with the top center part of the knob on the machine and the center of the knob it self.It be tough but think it could be done if had be.
#2)Could file a slot in the remaining knob on the machine so you could maybe use a coin or flat head screw driver to turn it.
#3)Could find another knob and replace it would take some soldering and all but in reality that knob is not doing no more then a knob on say like a electric guitar.Much like as you turn up the volume it do the same on there.
Just some Ideas as you ask.But would be last resorts.(If whites won't help)
Cute Kid :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
This is exactly the excuse alot of us use to upgrade to a better detector. Then you send that one to Whites for repair so you'll have a backup machine. Afterall your car has a spare tire dosn't it...

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down with steelheadwill - if you're feeling confident enough, you can probably pick up the switch at a spot like radioshack for under $10. Just take your time and be careful with the wiring.

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Congrats Papa! hope mother and child are well.
You can fix that switch.......

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I have the same machine and my trigger switch is broken, but I have still been detecting with no pinpointing. I called the factory in Oregon and they are sending me a new trigger switch for free. I couldn't believe it. Here is the number to the factory. 541-367-6121. :icon_thumleft:

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garabaldi probably has the best idea.........or you can contact Electronic Exploration in Chicago for repair service if you are
not comfortable diy..they are the authorized service center for White's http://ee-il.com/

OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome! I am gonna try to call and see what I cant get done! thanks guys for all the comments! :icon_thumright:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If i lived close I would Hop over and help fix it for you !!!!!! HH Chug

OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the help! I actually called Whites electronics and they said the part I need will be in mail and on its way to my house today! NO CHARGE! Thanks all my friends on here and WHITES!! WooHoo :icon_thumleft:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice find .... congrats ! ;D
congratulations on the birth ! :thumbsup:

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
steelheadwill said:
Congrats on your Beautiful boy!
If you don't get thru with whites, that is probably a common potentiometer with on/off, if you feel confident with it, take the MD apart, remove the pot, & bring it to an electronics supply place, radio shack used to stock this stuff.
specs should be on the unit.
be advised this will void your warranty!
Best Wishes to You!
Took the words right out of my mouth.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
small pair of needle-nosed Vise grips will handle that switch :laughing7:. or solder a small T-Bolt on it :icon_scratch:.......NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread