What's new

Please Help Identify This...

Desertvet

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this up this morning at the beach...it was covered in moist sand, and I thought it was just a piece of wire, with an electrical connector on each end, but when I got home and washed it under hot water, and scrubbed it gently with a toothbrush, a bunch of diamonds appeared (fake diamonds, whatever). The thing I thought was an electrical connector on one of the ends is actually a clasp, and it works just fine. It looks like this item has been twisted a few times. Can someone please help me figure out what this is? Thank you in advance, and happy hunting! :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • IMGP000111 (2).webp
    IMGP000111 (2).webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 489
  • IMGP0008.webp
    IMGP0008.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 508
  • IMGP0007.webp
    IMGP0007.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMGP0005.webp
    IMGP0005.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IMGP0004.webp
    IMGP0004.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMGP0003.webp
    IMGP0003.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 530
  • IMGP0003.webp
    IMGP0003.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 529
  • IMGP0004.webp
    IMGP0004.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 537
  • IMGP0005.webp
    IMGP0005.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 514
  • IMGP0007.webp
    IMGP0007.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 521
  • IMGP0008.webp
    IMGP0008.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMGP000111 (2).webp
    IMGP000111 (2).webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 493
That type of clasp would be found on an earring.
Looks like copper on clasp yet that black crust is usually partial to silver.
 
Upvote 0
I can't really see how big it is, but it kind of reminds me of a hippie style bracelet :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Depending on the length, it could either be a choker, bracelet, or earrings, but which ever, it is called 'wrapped' jewelry. They were generally wrapped in black velvet and set in rhinestones, which was popular during the 1950s.

If the backside of the rhinestones are clear, it is more than likely from the 1950s or a more expensive modern version. If the backs have goldish looking paint, then it may be newer. The earrings below are modern. Interesting find, Breezie BTW, how long is it?
 

Attachments

  • BlackRhinestoneEarrings.webp
    BlackRhinestoneEarrings.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
Perhaps a bit off topic, by the way OP great looking find. I must compliment Miss Breezie, Ma'am, you are outstanding at finding out what an item is and EVEN providing pics of same.

I personnally want to thank you for being here, i love your ids'.

Now back to my hydeehole.

Lee
 
Upvote 0
shooter_250 said:
Perhaps a bit off topic, by the way OP great looking find. I must compliment Miss Breezie, Ma'am, you are outstanding at finding out what an item is and EVEN providing pics of same.

I personnally want to thank you for being here, i love your ids'.

Now back to my hydeehole.

Lee

Hey Lee,
Thank you for the kudos; I certainly appreciate it. I know how much it means to me whenever someone IDs my unknown items, so I like to help out whenever I can. C'mon out of your 'hyedeehole' and play! :laughing7: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I figured Breezie would nail this one. I didn't think it was a resistance wire like had been mentioned.
 
Upvote 0
Wow! Thank you so much, Breezie, for the information!! You can imagine how I had to do a double-take on this piece when I was running it under water, and all the dirt came off to reveal all these little gems! My heart skipped quite a few beats for sure! Anyways, thank you very much for your research, and the pics! I really appreciate it... :hello:
Breezie said:
Depending on the length, it could either be a choker, bracelet, or earrings, but which ever, it is called 'wrapped' jewelry. They were generally wrapped in black velvet and set in rhinestones, which was popular during the 1950s.

If the backside of the rhinestones are clear, it is more than likely from the 1950s or a more expensive modern version. If the backs have goldish looking paint, then it may be newer. The earrings below are modern. Interesting find, Breezie BTW, how long is it?
 
Upvote 0
She's awesome, that's for sure! Yeah, when I first dug it, and it was covered in dirt, it looked like a resistance wire to me. I'm glad I kept it! Now it's sitting nice and comfy in my fake jewelry container! :icon_thumleft:
Kieth-Tx said:
I figured Breezie would nail this one. I didn't think it was a resistance wire like had been mentioned.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom