Please help, metal detecting boyfriend

Dec 6, 2009
I'm with a guy who is glued to his whites DFX.

He's amassed a pretty serious treasure trove and is on this site every day. He has a safe, but inside the safe is the ugliest, cheesiest piece of foam with holes shoved into it. Some of the rings are really nice that he puts in that hideous thing.

I want to get him a custom made treasure box for xmas with slots for coins and pull out drawers for trays of rings.

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm based in SoCal

I know this is in the wrong place, but he's on this site every day and I don't want him to find this post. So I purposely put it in the wrong forum.

Thanks for you help, guys

Nicki

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google

RIKER BOXES
Riker Display cases

Upvote 0

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
try one of the Harbor Freight or Grizzley Tools oak tool boxes - lift up lid and several drawers.

You can find nicer ones elsewhere for more money if you search a little

Diggem'

Upvote 0

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
:hello:

Attachments

• cooltext442521614.png
    cooltext442521614.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 458
  • cooltext442521614.png
    cooltext442521614.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, girl.

A really beautiful box with plenty of storage is a Machinist Toolbox. Get one made of nice wood with velvet lined drawers. This would be a excellent choice, but it will be a little "pricey". :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! :hello:

I think that you may have described the current conditions of his storage methods to the point that he is sure to recognize the relevance of this posting...especially the mention of your location.

Back to answering your question; for MY situation, I make my own display cases for things that are interesting, conversational items of little or no value. Anything of value, I have nice wooden cigar boxes stacked and organized in my safe. You can usually purchase cigar boxes at finer tobacco stores.

Hope this helps,
Best Wishes,

Scott

Upvote 0

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what you want to spend.

If it were me, I'd buy something that looks like a treasure chest!

Depending on the size, they can be had for $15.00 on up. (about $45.00 average)

What better place to put your "found treasures" than in a place like this? This one is more expensive, about $65.00, but it is more ornate.

treasure chest.jpg

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very popular forum... I think there's a good chance he'll see this thread.

Make sure the safe is big enough for whatever you buy because won't he still want to keep the stuff locked away? I have a small safe and it will only fit a few small Riker type display cases that have to go in on an angle, and they just fit.

Now if it was purely for organization I love these things and believe they are sold in the US. You can stack as many as you want, and now thinking about it, I've been meaning to buy a few more. To find a good wood custom piece that works will probably take quite a bit of looking, maybe try Ebay.

http://time-lines.co.uk/lindner-coin-trays-3380-0.html

Upvote 0

mrjosh

Aug 1, 2008
Paducah, Kentucky & Hendersonville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might check some antique shops out, there was one down here that had a old pharmacy cabnet, tons of small drawers. It was not price that high, I wanted it but right now all my stuff is about to overtake me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions