traderoftreasures
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 9, 2009
- Messages
- 2,211
- Reaction score
- 7
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- central, Illinois
- Detector(s) used
- white's spectrum VX3
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
CRUSADER said:traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
I think these post date the CW, they are ebayed as such to make money, now people actually believe it.
kuger said:CRUSADER said:traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
I think these post date the CW, they are ebayed as such to make money, now people actually believe it.
I dunno,they are in Crouche's,and Lords books as C.W.
Iron Patch said:kuger said:CRUSADER said:traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
I think these post date the CW, they are ebayed as such to make money, now people actually believe it.
I dunno,they are in Crouche's,and Lords books as C.W.
Probably just used for a lot of years starting around the CW.

kuger said:Iron Patch said:kuger said:CRUSADER said:traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
I think these post date the CW, they are ebayed as such to make money, now people actually believe it.
I dunno,they are in Crouche's,and Lords books as C.W.
Probably just used for a lot of years starting around the CW.
Maybe?I can say I have never dug one in a pre C.W. site![]()

Deftone said:Hope you dont mind. Here is a picture of my collection through the years. Always fun to find. They were found at early 1900's and up sites.

Yeah, someone was telling me I had some nice cw finds and I just lol'd! They are all brass cept that little one btw.Iron Patch said:Deftone said:Hope you dont mind. Here is a picture of my collection through the years. Always fun to find. They were found at early 1900's and up sites.
I was quite sure they dated well after the CW, and I guess that's close to proof. People have also tried saying the heart made them Confederate.![]()
kuger said:Great I.D I.P!These are commonly mis-ided as Confederate bed roll buckles(first one I dug I really thought I had something!)but like you said they were buckle covers![]()
(I guess I know as well as anybody even the old pro's got time frames wrong sometimes)Iron Patch said:kuger said:Iron Patch said:kuger said:CRUSADER said:traderoftreasure said:Thanks guys it just makes my 1860's site a little hotter...![]()
Lots of cool little stuff. Some is still covered in corn field... i can't wait.
I think these post date the CW, they are ebayed as such to make money, now people actually believe it.
I dunno,they are in Crouche's,and Lords books as C.W.
Probably just used for a lot of years starting around the CW.
Maybe?I can say I have never dug one in a pre C.W. site![]()
I think you meant post CW site?