What's new

Please help with button, military?

hollywood13185

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
118
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Hey guys Bran and I and a couple other friends went on a hunt today and I pulled this out of the ground. I was wondering if someone could help me I.D. it and tell me the best way to clean it a little better. Its small it looks like its a cuff button of some sort. Thanks Josh
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    106.9 KB · Views: 215
Most likely a U.S. Army Great Seal button... 1902 to present.

A good look at the back mark would halp narrow down a date, but that baby looks fairly corroded, therefore nice and old.

A few diplomatic buttons look close to this, but I'm thinking Army.
 
Upvote 0
What Jim said.
 

Attachments

  • buttons great seal.webp
    buttons great seal.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 188
  • buttons great seal.webp
    buttons great seal.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0
Ya I cant really make out what it says on the back. Its sumthin metal works I think.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
hollywood13185 said:
Ya I cant really make out what it says on the back. Its sumthin metal works I think.

CITY BUTTON WORKS Post 1907
Does it look like this WWI backmark?
 

Attachments

  • buttons great seal city button works.webp
    buttons great seal city button works.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Ya it does look like a crusty version of that. The shank sits loosely in the back though. Josh
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom