What's new

Plug for something.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I am not sure the material? Plastic? The top is iron. It seems to be a plug for something. Sink?
 

Attachments

  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    22 KB · Views: 337
  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 333
old battery cap lead inside (acid proof) with iron top
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
old battery cap lead inside (acid proof) with iron top
You are the best ivan. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
lead poor choice for a "food' stopper" --lead poisioning
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
lead poor choice for a "food' stopper" --lead poisioning
I think the material on the bottom of this is a form of hard rubber rather than lead. Old food cans were sealed with lead. I guess they didn't know about lead poisioning. DD
 
Upvote 0
DiggerDave in Pa. said:
Garabaldi said:
ivan salis said:
old battery cap lead inside (acid proof) with iron top
You are the best ivan. :icon_thumleft:
How about a lightning stopper for a beer or soda bottle. DD
Wait, Digger has it nailed. I believe this is what the artifact I found is. It is not lead, its a hard plastic. Check it out, I dug this bottle top last week at the same site. Good job Digger. :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    19 KB · Views: 272
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
ok --latch type bottle seal sounds good -- common item in the in the late 1800 / early 1900 era
 
Upvote 0
DiggerDave in Pa. said:
ivan salis said:
lead poor choice for a "food' stopper" --lead poisioning
Old food cans were sealed with lead. I guess they didn't know about lead poisioning. DD
 

Attachments

  • Lead11-23.webp
    Lead11-23.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Lead11-23.webp
    Lead11-23.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
It could be a lid for a ink well.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom