What's new

Poached Some Silver from the Silver State

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Poached Some Silver from the Silver State

I just got back form the Silver State. I made it out with a small stash without getting shot. I hunted Reno, Carson City, Fernley and Fallon. And a few banks in CA on the way there and back. I probably cleaned out 25 to 30 banks. $2788 total. I found 38- 40% and 7 -1964’s. No Walkers or Bens. I finally found a 1970. It is an S mintmark, 40% silver Woo Hoo. I did find 4 BU – 1986 Statue of Liberty Commemorative’s. I found a BU 1965. I also found a 1974 and a 1984 proof. Oh, and a gold date stamped 1983. If you are a CRHer from that area thanks for letting me pull some silver from under your nose. I also included a picture of me MDing in the middle of the desert. And a Ben peaking from a roll in a box that was waiting when I got back.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:

PS, Don't worry Immy, I was a long ways from LV
:wink:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_09.webp
    ScreenHunter_09.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 373
  • ScreenHunter_10.webp
    ScreenHunter_10.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 367
  • ScreenHunter_11.webp
    ScreenHunter_11.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 369
  • ScreenHunter_12.webp
    ScreenHunter_12.webp
    29 KB · Views: 371
  • ScreenHunter_02.webp
    ScreenHunter_02.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 373
  • ScreenHunter_07.webp
    ScreenHunter_07.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Nice score SF!
How did the MD'ing come out - find anything noteworthy?
 
TXTim said:
Nice score SF!
How did the MD'ing come out - find anything noteworthy?
No great MD finds but had a good time roaming the desert and checking out some mines.
 
I thought you were taller !

Nice stash. Jim
 
Ummmm - ummmm......

You did it.

Poacher......

I did two CWI boxes, got six forties, one ninety.

Slim Pickin's..... for me.

Robin
 
Captaindoodle said:
Nice finds SF. I know you've been looking for the 70's for awhile.

What's next on the wish list?

HH
CD
A Barbie or any SILVER comm.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom