What's new

Poached???........

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get boxes from two different sources (one more than the other) in the course of my normal weekly schedule. Lately one source has been a little better than the other so I called a different bank that I know gets the boxes from the better source lately and asked them if I could order boxes for next week.

She told me she had two boxes in the vault already that someone ordered and left the wrong phone number to call when they came in. She has been having these for a few weeks. She told me I could come and get them....I turned that convertible right around and went and got them immediately. Within 15 minutes those two boxes were in my car.....ha!

Evidently whoever it was that ordered them hadn't even called to see if they were in so they must not have wanted them too bad right??? Is this poaching? Nah....right?

Also picked up a box of dimes to tinker with.

My stack was kinda odd looking with the 67's normally the bigger stack but not today. It was a short one.

Todays total......

2-64's
4-65's
6-66's
5-67's
10-68's
3-69's
3 - Rosies

33 Keepers

Nah.....that's not poaching huh.......whoever must not have wanted them.........
 

Attachments

  • P5160014.webp
    P5160014.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0
i was recently told by a bank i deal with.weve been ordering for 2 of you doing this.he hasnt picked his up so u can have them. and WE WILL NOT ORDER FOR HIM ANYMORE. so folks dont order and not pickup. pretty soon they wont want to order for ANYONE ANYMORE.
 
Not me!
Been in CA all week.
Congrats!
 
I'd say if they hadn't picked them up in 2 weeks then they are fair game. If I go in and they say they have a box, I grab it. All is fair in love and war.........and I love this game............LOL
 
TXTim said:
Not me!
Been in CA all week.
Congrats!
I thought my poacher-meter was sounding off......how do you like the heat?
 
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
Not me!
Been in CA all week.
Congrats!
I thought my poacher-meter was sounding off......how do you like the heat?

No worries, Mate!
Not I.
I was in Lala land. Too busy to pee let alone CRH.
Heat???
I enjoyed the cool weather.
Last Sunday it was 90 at 10 pm with 90% humidity in Houston.
 
LJ said:
I get boxes from two different sources (one more than the other) in the course of my normal weekly schedule. Lately one source has been a little better than the other so I called a different bank that I know gets the boxes from the better source lately and asked them if I could order boxes for next week.

She told me she had two boxes in the vault already that someone ordered and left the wrong phone number to call when they came in. She has been having these for a few weeks. She told me I could come and get them....I turned that convertible right around and went and got them immediately. Within 15 minutes those two boxes were in my car.....ha!

Evidently whoever it was that ordered them hadn't even called to see if they were in so they must not have wanted them too bad right??? Is this poaching? Nah....right?

Also picked up a box of dimes to tinker with.

My stack was kinda odd looking with the 67's normally the bigger stack but not today. It was a short one.

Todays total......

2-64's
4-65's
6-66's
5-67's
10-68's
3-69's
3 - Rosies

33 Keepers

Nah.....that's not poaching huh.......whoever must not have wanted them.........

"He who hesitates is lost." Nicely done there LJ !
 
Not bad Lj, Some Silva to add to that stash of yours. Love to see it grow right? I picked up two boxes today and the silver was a little lighter than I am used to. about 8 40%ers. I hit several local banks yesterday for some hand rolls and did pretty well though. Finally got my 1970 D and got two silver S mints. One was a 69 and the other a bicentennial. Also got 1 64 and about 35 40%ers. Can win em all... least not at once. hahaha. Have another road trip coming up in a week and I am sure I will have a good post for you then. Good Luck.

-Golden Silver
 
TXTim said:
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
Not me!
Been in CA all week.
Congrats!
I thought my poacher-meter was sounding off......how do you like the heat?
A little over 100 today with about 5% humidity.
No worries, Mate!
Not I.
I was in Lala land. Too busy to pee let alone CRH.
Heat???
I enjoyed the cool weather.
Last Sunday it was 90 at 10 pm with 90% humidity in Houston.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom