- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,541
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Any sharp knife guys or gals out there that can tell me about this knife? 
Age?
Handle material?
Any info would be appreciated. There are no markings on it.
Thanks,
MM
Age?
Handle material?
Any info would be appreciated. There are no markings on it.
Thanks,
MM
I can say this I don't know knives that well but do know that they made knives much like these before the war even.I've found them on colonial sites that would be hard to tell the difference from one that would be only a few years old to me.The handful below are some I can get to easy & have not feel apart yet.But where they came from none would be much over the 1900's most found on late 18oo's sites that did turn up items that would date civil war or there around.If you look up antique pen knives for a search you'll see what I mean.I've got one around here somewhere almost like the one you posted without the little trim piece that came from a late 1700's site sorta like a barlow which has been around for quite sometime.(barlows) Anyway here's a site that shows a few but many are out there.










