rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got another for everyone to look at and tell me what it is. Not a personal find. Not sure where it was found but probably Tn. 100_2152.JPG100_2153.JPG

Upvote 0
I have it's sister found in rock shelter near Joyce Kilmer forest western nc. Would love to know mor about it!

Attachments

• image-2421597967.jpg
    image-2421597967.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 83
We will have to wait and see what everyone thinks as far as a ID on them. Mine seems to be well sharpened if they are the same.

Looks like an Adena type Rock. Mabey notched base. Or expanding stem.

Hey Rock- nice piece you have there. Look to me like a Elk River Stemmed. A knife, I would think. At first glance I thought maybe Kirk Cluster, but I'm not so sure about that...
Cheers!
Yakker

I was thinking possible Bakers Creek cause of the flat base or even a Benton Narrow Blade. Thanks for all the thoughts on it and if there is anymore feel free to add it.

Sometimes I think the typology gets a bit much... its a nice blade and the provinance would have helped. Something about Breaking collections from an area up into little bits spread across the country doesn't sit quite right with me...
Unless the story goes with it.

Yeah I got this from another vendor than the big blades. This guy travels with the show and buys at will on his stuff. The show was mostly Tn, Ga and Fl Artifacts. I bought the Pickwick from him also. I also bought from a guy that gets his from diving in N Fl at a Paleo site. I bought from 4 different vendors total. All the Hoes and Discoils and Celts, 2 Net weights and some Grinders was the 4th but that was his whole collection. ( Hoe My God) Check it out.

Sounds like it was a good show. If that guy is still diving for artifact in Florida he's doing it illegally.

No it was on Private Property and I am sure it wasnt recent. He was kinda old

Hey Rock- nice piece you have there. Look to me like a Elk River Stemmed. A knife, I would think. At first glance I thought maybe Kirk Cluster, but I'm not so sure about that...
Cheers!
Yakker
I checked out Elk River and I thought Benson but come to find out both types are related
so it could be either one. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back