What's new

Point or spear???

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a more seasoned rockhound give me there thoughts on this please..
Central Alabama
Seems like quartz-slate?
 
Upvote 0
It's been a long day....
 

Attachments

  • 1492648421091.webp
    1492648421091.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 1492648441245.webp
    1492648441245.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 1492648488465.webp
    1492648488465.webp
    35 KB · Views: 99
Sorry, but I'm not seeing an artifact, man.
 
Might be wishful thinking... Was hoping it might be some kind of unifaced tool or something. Looked outa place so I grabbed it. And y'all are my go to people for my questions
 
That type of quartz which I call spider vein quartz is really hard to see any work on it and does fracture on its own from heat and cold. Looks like the points are still hiding form you. Im still waiting on the farmer to do something with the fields, good grief the weather has been perfect I dont know what the hold up is. But Im not asking either.
 
Like others said hard to say for sure without clearer pics..... But it never hurts to add another rock to the "drive my wife crazy pile"
 
Yeah rock some of the rock around here doesn't show work very well.... Its too close for me to chunk so like arrow said its going into the ( drive my wife crazy pile)!!! That's too funny but true
 
I have found some made from that material I know a place you could bend over for hours just to find brokes but I do have a couple of good pieces tools mostly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom