What's new

Poison Arrows & Quiver (West Africa)

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,553
Reaction score
7,437
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know these may be from half way around the world, but they are somewhat similar in context. They were collected by my father over 60 years ago, and they were given to me by him before he passed away. I was thinking that some of you would appreciate seeing the type of arrows that were used in Africa. These arrows were originally tipped with poison. I hope it is okay to share in this forum.

folder 3 005.webp folder 3 007.webp

folder 3 006.webp folder 3 008.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wicked looking barb. I can see how it would stay in and as the animal ran hopefully bleed it out. I think we forget how important it was to track. Your Father knew they would be appreciated if you had them. Thank you for sharing them with us.
 
The barbs were there to make sure that the poison did it's job.
 
Gosh, those are really neat.
 
that is is the neatest thing i have seen on here in an awful long time

i think everyone here would agree

thanks for sharing these
 
i hope it is ok with you old digger that i post this here

it is a goat skin bag from Africa that you gifted to my wife

a person has to hold it to feel the extremely soft texture

we love it and appreciate it and value our friendship thank you DennisIMG_3121.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3118.webp
    IMG_3118.webp
    607.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3119.webp
    IMG_3119.webp
    719.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3120.webp
    IMG_3120.webp
    614.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom