What's new

POLL: Does your spouse/significant other CRH with you?

Codes

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
1,031
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend has started CRHing with me recently. At first she thought it was a stupid hobby, but once I started showing her my finds she wanted in on the fun.

-Codes
 
Upvote 0
My wife supports my hobby and joins in on occasion.

I even made it into a game for her family last year around Christmas when her family was visiting.

I picked up 4 boxes and the 6 of us divided the rolls up evenly. Armed with a list of things to look for, everyone started at the same time. Prizes were given based on the following categories:

1st 90% silver coin found.
1st 40% silver coin found.
1st Proof Set Circulated Coin found.
Oldest Half Award determined at the end.
Most Keepers Award determined at the end.

We all had a great time. The prizes were scratch-off lottery tickets of varying demoninations.

Ever since my wife is happy to help open the rolls and join the thrill of the hunt.
 
She currently thinks it's stupid, and has refused to open any nickels or pennies.

However, whenever I have half dollars, she mysteriously appears and asks to open some. She has had better luck than me, and I saved her a roll yesterday. I had found 5 40%'s out of three rolls, and she pulled out 4 40%'s on the last roll. She is my good luck charm!
 
I couldn't vote as I think you forgot one obvious option in your poll....."N/A, I have no significant other" as this condition currently applies to me.

Back when I was married (last year), the answer would have been "No, she hates my CRH addiction".
 
GMan00001 said:
I couldn't vote as I think you forgot one obvious option in your poll....."N/A, I have no significant other" as this condition currently applies to me.

Back when I was married (last year), the answer would have been "No, she hates my CRH addiction".

Fixed.
 
She has no interest in any of it, although she works at a CU and combs thru any rolls that might come thru, at times, she only does it 'cause I BEG her to. AMC
 
She doesn't mind hitting the indian casino's with me but for the most part thinks that it is a waste of money... go figure.
 
No, but he/she doesn't care that I CRH Is how I voted.

If I find something important or get a big handfull of silver I have to tell someone so she listens. I always get at least a "thats nice" when I find the real old ones (barbers or commeratives) then she is interested because she has never seen any before, but then only for a minute.

When I show my daughter she always wants to know how much it is worth. Thats my girl. :thumbsup:
 
My GF likes it. She doesn't find as much as I do, but that's mainly because I go through three rolls to her one. She checks all dates to make sure she doesn't miss anything.
 
my wife doesn't mind....especially when i show her a fine silver half i got for $.50 and is worth $12-$15 dollars or more...i tried getting her and my daughter to search with me but they show no interest at all...my son always checks his change and gives what he finds to me...i tell him its silver and to hold onto it for his own collection and he says "why....i'm gonna get em all when your gone" ;D...thats my boy :thumbsup:
besides he only likes the foreign coins so i give him all mine......but even with those he gives me back any that are silver
 
For the first 6 months I did it she went with me on all my road trips and helped me unroll them. After a while she grew weary of the trips but still helps on occassions when I am finding silver. She only enjoys it when she is finding something.

-Golden Silver
 
I have no spouse/significant other at the moment...........If any of you guys are thinking of getting rid of yours,send her my way. :tard:
 
terryin pa said:
I have no spouse/significant other at the moment...........If any of you guys are thinking of getting rid of yours,send her my way. :tard:

I've got a couple. But trust me, you don't want them. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom