What's new

POLL: What do you consider a DREAM BOX?

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Just wondering how much silver you would have to find in a $500 box to consider it a dream box. Only silver counts as keepers. A dream box might look like this picture below.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_12.webp
    ScreenHunter_12.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0
I voted 50+ keepers. Some of those need to be Bens and Walkers also. Just a couple silver is very dissappointing.........to me ;D
 
The way its been lately one lonely 40 is a dream box.

I say, piles of dream rolls, solid silver, all 90s
It in theory cant get better than all silver in the whole box...The only thing better than that would be gold...and better than that Platinum.
 
packerbacker said:
I voted 50+ keepers. Some of those need to be Bens and Walkers also. Just a couple silver is very disappointing.........to me ;D
Silver never disappoints me in any form but a few Ben's or Walkers peeking is always icing on the cake. Next time I will lay a few on top for your viewing pleasure.....LOL
 
Thank you ;)....btw, I have a $500 box coming in today and I ordered another 500 from a different bank for next Tuesday. Hope to see a few Bens at least.
 
I would say it all depends on the goal. If the purpose is purely metal content hoarding, then the only thing that will matter is quantity.

If the goal is a numismatic goal, a single coin can be a dream box if its the right coin.

Since my goals are numismatic goals I voted 1 coin. For example, if I only found 1 keeper out of a box and it was a seated liberty (of any denomintaion) I would still consider that a dream box since it is a dream to find such a coin.
 
GMan00001 said:
I would say it all depends on the goal. If the purpose is purely metal content hoarding, then the only thing that will matter is quantity.

If the goal is a numismatic goal, a single coin can be a dream box if its the right coin.

Since my goals are numismatic goals I voted 1 coin. For example, if I only found 1 keeper out of a box and it was a seated liberty (of any denomintaion) I would still consider that a dream box since it is a dream to find such a coin.
Dang, and it's to late to change my vote. Yea a SL or Morgan would rate as a dream box.
 
I agree a single Seated Coin would be a "Dream Box", but I voted for over 100 silver coins to be truly a "Dream" box since awhitester did state based upon silver content only.

Even if you found 100 coins in a box thats still only 10% of the 1000 coins that make up that box.

Cheers!

CLZinTX
 
Has to be 100+
50+ is too common.
 
Well, that box I mentioned above had 8 each 40%'ers and 3 each 64's so it didn't qualify as a dream box but I'm not throwing any back. oink, oink :D
 
CLZinTX said:
I agree a single Seated Coin would be a "Dream Box", but I voted for over 100 silver coins to be truly a "Dream" box since awhitester did state based upon silver content only.

FYI: That statement about only silver counting wasn't in the original poll question. I read that after I had already voted.

TXTim said:
Has to be 100+
50+ is too common.

I think the most I have ever had was between 20 and 30 in one box.
Now bags or loose coins, that's a whole other story.
 
GMan00001 said:
CLZinTX said:
I agree a single Seated Coin would be a "Dream Box", but I voted for over 100 silver coins to be truly a "Dream" box since awhitester did state based upon silver content only.

FYI: That statement about only silver counting wasn't in the original poll question. I read that after I had already voted.

TXTim said:
Has to be 100+
50+ is too common.

I think the most I have ever had was between 20 and 30 in one box.
Now bags or loose coins, that's a whole other story.
awhitster said:
Just wondering how much silver you would have to find in a $500 box to consider it a dream box. Only silver counts as keepers. A dream box might look like this picture below.
Looks to me like the silver part was in there. If a box has no silver, I don't care what else is in it, it is a skunk to me......IMHO
 
I consider a dream box any box that has over $275 silver value. I prefer that they are 90% coins but I'll take 40%. However, with the price of silver going up I might have to up it.

65GT350
 
GMan00001 said:
CLZinTX said:
I agree a single Seated Coin would be a "Dream Box", but I voted for over 100 silver coins to be truly a "Dream" box since awhitester did state based upon silver content only.

FYI: That statement about only silver counting wasn't in the original poll question. I read that after I had already voted.

You are correct it was not in the poll, it was in the post attached to the poll. You will also notice that I agreed with you that finding one seated coin would be a "Dream" box in its own right. I was merely stating how I voted, as you did, and why I voted that way. My statement was in no way meant to be durogatory towards you.

CLZinTX
 
CLZinTX said:
GMan00001 said:
CLZinTX said:
I agree a single Seated Coin would be a "Dream Box", but I voted for over 100 silver coins to be truly a "Dream" box since awhitester did state based upon silver content only.

FYI: That statement about only silver counting wasn't in the original poll question. I read that after I had already voted.

You are correct it was not in the poll, it was in the post attached to the poll. You will also notice that I agreed with you that finding one seated coin would be a "Dream" box in its own right. I was merely stating how I voted, as you did, and why I voted that way. My statement was in no way meant to be durogatory towards you.

CLZinTX
No problem, thanks for the reply. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom