What's new

Poor Mans Dream Box

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've never posted my "Finds" in here. But after today, I had to share this.


After being skunked on my last few boxes of halves, I decided to take the cheap route and get some cents. I dont really find anything of crazy value, but its always a gurantee to come away few 10 plus Wheats.

So I went to the bank on my lunch break and asked for 25 dollars worth, while she was getting them out I asked if she had any loose halves or rolls, she told me an older lady had come in and dropped off 2 rolls, then she told me that she leaves her initials on them so she doesnt get them again :icon_scratch:

Then she pulles them out and they werent halves..They were the new garbage gold dollars, So I told her I would just take the pennies, she started to put them in a box and jokingly asked if my name was "Wheat"?, then I looked down and noticed the rolls where all marked "Wheat"..I was completly in shock, I told her thats the whole reason I buy them, so she told me to hold on and got me everyroll that was marked.

I know its nothing like a nice silver score, But I cant complain walking away with 26 Solid rolls of Wheats.

My oldest was a 1912, and found a few 1919's..Handful of 20's-30's..and a Ton of 40's-50's..

Plus found a few old canidans, and out of 26 rolls, I only found 2 memorials

also found another 4 wheats in the unmarked rolls :thumbsup:

I was most happy with my first ever steelie found CRH'ing :thumbsup:

After going thru these rolls, All I could think about was "Did this person drop off any dimes or quarters"?..So naturally I will be up there at lunch again tomorrow..Thanks for lookin
 

Attachments

  • 2-7-11 wheats1.webp
    2-7-11 wheats1.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 947
  • 2-7-11 Wheats2.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats2.webp
    50 KB · Views: 942
  • 2-7-11 Wheats3.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats3.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 945
  • 2-7-11 Wheats4.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats4.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 946
  • 2-7-11 Wheats5.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats5.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0
Woo hoo ! That's awesome :D

I could tell how excited you were yesterday LOL!
 
Nice score Diggin. Its fun to find something like that.
 
That is one heck of a find. Well done.
rileyboy
 
yes but now you got a "teller" working for you * looking out for "old coins" read silver --- that my freind is "special" make sure to treat her right. :icon_thumright:
 
Very good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm not into the cents,but that photo makes it very tempting.
HH
Rich
 
WOWZER ::) That's one killer box of easy pickings :o I did one last year that had a lot of wheats and it was hand rolled.
 
crazyjarhead said:
WOWZER ::) That's one killer box of easy pickings :o I did one last year that had a lot of wheats and it was hand rolled.

Yea..Im getting to the point where I want them all handrolled now..dont get me wrong..I find some good stuff in the plastic wraps..but feel I will have better luck on the handrolls
 
Welcome to the club DnD. I scored a ten dollar box last week and put it on here. I think the post is still on this page . I ended up with 11 same date rolls . I am so glad for you . In DEC I scored a whole lone roll of steelies . Nice score :coffee2:
 
CONGRATS ON YOUR FINDS!!!!! I do the same thing, buy penny rolls, look for wheats and old canadians!
 
Penny score of a lifetime DnD - congrats on your success! I'm gonna try my hand at pennies too - I love wheats and steelies! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom