What's new

Poor Mans Dream Box

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've never posted my "Finds" in here. But after today, I had to share this.


After being skunked on my last few boxes of halves, I decided to take the cheap route and get some cents. I dont really find anything of crazy value, but its always a gurantee to come away few 10 plus Wheats.

So I went to the bank on my lunch break and asked for 25 dollars worth, while she was getting them out I asked if she had any loose halves or rolls, she told me an older lady had come in and dropped off 2 rolls, then she told me that she leaves her initials on them so she doesnt get them again :icon_scratch:

Then she pulles them out and they werent halves..They were the new garbage gold dollars, So I told her I would just take the pennies, she started to put them in a box and jokingly asked if my name was "Wheat"?, then I looked down and noticed the rolls where all marked "Wheat"..I was completly in shock, I told her thats the whole reason I buy them, so she told me to hold on and got me everyroll that was marked.

I know its nothing like a nice silver score, But I cant complain walking away with 26 Solid rolls of Wheats.

My oldest was a 1912, and found a few 1919's..Handful of 20's-30's..and a Ton of 40's-50's..

Plus found a few old canidans, and out of 26 rolls, I only found 2 memorials

also found another 4 wheats in the unmarked rolls :thumbsup:

I was most happy with my first ever steelie found CRH'ing :thumbsup:

After going thru these rolls, All I could think about was "Did this person drop off any dimes or quarters"?..So naturally I will be up there at lunch again tomorrow..Thanks for lookin
 

Attachments

  • 2-7-11 wheats1.webp
    2-7-11 wheats1.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 947
  • 2-7-11 Wheats2.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats2.webp
    50 KB · Views: 942
  • 2-7-11 Wheats3.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats3.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 945
  • 2-7-11 Wheats4.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats4.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 946
  • 2-7-11 Wheats5.webp
    2-7-11 Wheats5.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0
ive always loved wheats :wink: Thats really awesome, good for you!
 
I bet you had a lot of fun with those! Great, great cent haul!

apush :read2:
 
What a dream score in my books my son and i look for wheats he could belive your score keep up the hunt happy hunting . Ron
 
holy crap!!!!!!! ive never gotten a solid roll of ANYTHING except once about 10 rolls or copper memorials, thats a truly amazing find!!! congrats! keep it up and hh!
 
WOW!! great score!
wheats are awesome 8)
 
Wow!!!! What a find!!!! I never CRH cents, but you have me wanting to do so!!!!
 
Nice rolls.. You've gotten as many wheats as I have found in boxes over a year. It wasn't a dream box in terms of a box that was packaged, sealed, and ordered from a bank but very nice.. :icon_thumleft: I keep all pre-1979 Canadians since they have the large copper content 98% copper and they can be melted too in the U.S.
 
Nice score Diggin! I had a similar score once, you never know if a indian head cent could show up in one of those old rolls. Good luck on your return trip.
 
Cool find - congrats.

Maine_Jim
 
Awesome! Congrats! I did a box of cents yesterday and ended up with a lowly 6 wheats (all 1940-1950). You got a real dream box there!
 
mts said:
Awesome! Congrats! I did a box of cents yesterday and ended up with a lowly 6 wheats (all 1940-1950). You got a real dream box there!

Haha..yea..it was pretty surreal to me. Like I said..Im happy to get 10 out of a box, i know its not a common thing, so im not keeping my expectations too high..but trust me..all I can think about right now is hitting that bank again at lunch time :laughing9: :laughing9:

thanks for all the comments..its a great feeling knowing there still is stuff out there
 
someones coin collection came in when ? is the big question --i would hit the dimes and quarters fast first then the nickels .
 
ivan salis said:
someones coin collection came in when ? is the big question --i would hit the dimes and quarters fast first then the nickels .

Haha..I have 20 minutes until my lunchbreak..Im amped to check it out..might be nothing ..but like you said..this was obviously someones collection..and I dont know anyone that just collects pennies :laughing9:
 
yep my thoughts exactly --if the pennies of the collection came in maybe they brought in the silver dimes and quarters as well--- if they were dumb and did not know any better. -- there are some folks out there that are that foolish and brother thats how dream "silver score" finds are made. :icon_thumright:

I 'd be on it like a pitbull on a 3 legged cat.
 
Next time you are out shopping, buy her a small, fancy candy treat. Something two bucks or less. Then take it to her and thank her for getting those coins for you. She will
be on the lookout for you after that. A little appreciation goes a LONG ways.

Great find. 1000+ oldies doesn't happen very often, that's for sure.
 
That is a beautiful sight my friend!!! :hello2:
 
dave5710 said:
Next time you are out shopping, buy her a small, fancy candy treat. Something two bucks or less. Then take it to her and thank her for getting those coins for you. She will
be on the lookout for you after that. A little appreciation goes a LONG ways.

Great find. 1000+ oldies doesn't happen very often, that's for sure.

Yea..she is gonna get something from me for sure!!


Well...Went back and asked her if the person who dropped these might have dropped some more?...she told me that they only brought in Pennies and Quarters..So after i gained composure...i told her i would take whatever they dropped...Ended up being 100 dollars in rolled quarters...Well..There was some writing on them..so I was getting a little excited..But after I told her I would take them, I relized the writing said "NO" ??? ???...it must have been someones dumps, shet told me at least 4 times a day someone comes in with rolled change..i told her to keep a look out for the old coins because i enjoy collecting them..and she told me she would put them aside when she runs across them :)


So..Long story short..No Silver from this Haul....the good part was when I was there she told me she found 2 more rolls marked "Wheat" :)...So..didnt get any silvers...but im happy with 2 more rolls of Wheaties
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom