What's new

Popping on "cookie" coin. Advice please.

Smoogle

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
814
Reaction score
262
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Coast NSW.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Popping on "cookie" coin. THE SAD UPDATE

Well my dreams lifted off with the silver plate on the coin!!! Couple of longer electrolysis baths and most of the silver plate just lifted away with the sheets of corrosion. Thought I had treasure for a day - the beach I was on seemed right, huge and heavy, reeded edge etc. I was popping but now I'm all popped out. The coin has 34th year of KUAN..... CIRCULATION and other stuff I really can't be bothered with at the moment! Here are the pics added... HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2797.webp
    IMG_2797.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2798.webp
    IMG_2798.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2800.webp
    IMG_2800.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2810.webp
    IMG_2810.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2811.webp
    IMG_2811.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2809.webp
    IMG_2809.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very interesting post, Smoogle.

That exposed rim sure looks to be a coin.

Can't wait to see the final product!

Lorraine
 
oh and sorry about the final product Lorraine - also I really had to laugh because after all that speculation all I had to do was put a magnet to it to see it like glue- I do it every time with rings - so I can't believe I was that stuuuupid to not test it, I do get carried away sometimes..
 
Looking at the edge it sure looked like a keeper to me, Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom