Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

Could anyone help me to identify this copper item (button maybe) Button Ring.jpg with what might be aerobic symbols on it.

I think it is the head off of a wax seal.
Stamp it on some wax and you should be able to read it better.

Upvote 0
Thanks HuntinDog!

I was thinking of this too. Maybe Hebrew. I noticed that there were four marks on the inside back almost as if there was a square stock dowel that was inserted into it.

Upvote 0
Okay forum, I had a friend look at this item and he told me that it is not Hebrew. He didn't think it was Arabic either.

Upvote 0
Cantstop,
If you can press it into some clay or something similar you should be able to read it.
Try rotating it 90 degrees at a time.
I think it is initials in Old English Script, but I could be wrong on that.
I can't tell from your picture.

Upvote 0
We need a better pic of the face of the object, so as to determine what is on it. That will ID the piece.

It looks like a name plate off of a tool (hand saw), but all of the ones I am familiar with, are attached by a screw that threads into the post on the back. Your post is not threaded though. Huh.

Upvote 0
Okay, I hope these help. Note the back side has four lines that were scored as if a square stock dowel was driven into this.

Face.jpgBack.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm guessing just a leather rivet with design.images.jpg

Upvote 0
If you will follow the earlier suggestions of pressing it on wax or clay, then post a pic of the result, I will ask my wife if she can translate it. She is from Taiwan, so she will be versed in Mandarin.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone! I will post pictures soon of the result.

Upvote 0
Sorry it took so long to get back. My wife cannot read this even after I expanded it and rotated it several times. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back