What's new

Possible cob tue all USA today

260sundancer

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
261
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sag harbor ny
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First piece of gold good two days 16 coins and what looks like a Spanish cob all from the ocean arter the storm
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    193.8 KB · Views: 201
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    205.5 KB · Views: 209
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    457.1 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 22
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
IMO Potosi cob.
If assayer's initial is an "E" the 1952-1 678 Antonio de Ergueta . If initial is an "F" then dated 1697-1701 when Tomas Fernandez de Ocana was the assayer. Could be wrong, but that is my fist guess.
Don.....
 
Great find ! Read where someone else found a Spanish cob today . The last coastal storm really moved some sand here .
 
Nice! Gold and silver! Congrats!
 
Seems to me Ive seen that coin before.................
 
What an awesome collection Great job I jeleous
 
very nice finds
 
Now thats a good day detecting !
 
Would like a backside picture of the "square" piece.

Any marks on it ?
 
THAT SURE IS CORN OFF THE COBB . WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND WHAT AWAY TO MAKE AN INTRODUCTION ...
 
Superb find! I almost bought a house in Sag Harbor in the 90's but my job took me to the Philly area instead. Still kicking myself, seeing real estate prices the way they are there now. I always dreamed of detecting that area, even though I didn't start detecting until I moved away from the Island.

FYI, there are some sites I'm aware of very close by that I think may be very productive. Send me a private message and I'll clue you in!
 
Spanish on the coast of NY is awesome! An old one, too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom