Possible Dinosaur eggs ??? new pics

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
I found these while arrowhead hunting a creek. They where setting up on a shelf were the creek bank had washed out. All three were found together within a five ft. area. Any ideas would be a big help. They were found in West Virginia. i added some more pics. the 2 larger ones do not have any cracks on them at all. but the smaller one has several lines on it that look to me like cracking. also looks like something leaked out of it then fossilized. it may just be wishful thinking, but they are very interesting. if anyone has any opinions i would love to hear em. thanks

Attachments

• Dino eggs.jpg
    Dino eggs.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 726
  • IMAG0014-600x600.jpg
    IMAG0014-600x600.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Dino eggs.jpg
    Dino eggs.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 447
  • IMAG00112-600x600.jpg
    IMAG00112-600x600.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 438

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Possible Dinosaur eggs ???

musky44 said:
I found these while arrowhead hunting a creek. They where setting up on a shelf were the creek bank had washed out. All three were found together within a five ft. area. Any ideas would be a big help. They were found in West Virginia.

That is so cool! My son found one some years back when we were in Texas. Hubby took us to Diablo (spelling incorrect) Canyon and that is where it was found. I sent my pic to this guy and he said it was just a rock...but I think different. We still have it!

LanceHall

Feb 8, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
Re: Possible Dinosaur eggs ???

You need to post large pics to be able to tell for sure.

They could be echinoids. They also look like crinoid "bulbs" from older deposits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread