What's new

Possible faked finds. Help me out.

jeff of pa said:
only his Haridresser Kno....
Ooops :BangHead:



Only He knows for sure :dontknow:
I'v seen some strange Finds over the years.

One thing is Certain.

I feel very sorry for anyone so Desperate to fit in,
they need to Invent Finds :( There is so many
cool things out there to find as it is.

I can't tell you about the coin but I can give you advice about your gut feeling. Go with it. I ignored "little red flags" before to give the benefit of the doubt and I really shouldn't have.

Does he have the resources to get coins like this to "find"? Research his ID and recent purchases on Ebay perhaps?

IMHO, You've already have doubt and going out with him again will always be tainted with the thoughts of whether he is really finding stuff or...

I can feel sympathy for someone wanting so bad to fit in but I can do it at a distance. Besides, if you go with a group and he's "caught" you look tainted too.
 
in My opinion, Have him take you hunting
to his sites.

Apparently he isn't worried about finding the real stuff,
So should be more there for You.

A WOW Cool Find :tongue3: to him
between your real ones should make it
tolerable :laughing7:

Sort of like playing Shutes & Ladders with a child
who Cheats, or can't count ;D
 
LSMorgan said:
jeff of pa said:
I feel very sorry for anyone so Desperate to fit in,
they need to Invent Finds :( There is so many
cool things out there to find as it is.

I'd estimate that's a full 20% of the people in the "Finds" section of the site... And I'm being generous with 20%.
LSMorgan...... I always thought the same thing that most of those finds ......We see here on Tnet.were found in a collection................ or at a flee market...........
 
Just reminded me of 2 Guys I Know.

One Pulls in at a lake being drained & says
he's going to a different one out the road
that is also being drained. it wasn't because the fish
from the one I was doing were being transfered there.
anyway 3 hours later he's back with a cigar box full
of golden chains :laughing9:

This guy also dug a shiny steel Cent with the zink
coating still on it :laughing9:

We're at a gas station, & this other guy shows up,
He just bought an XLT, went to a Ghost town
(That dosn't exist) & Dug a $20.00 gold piece
first day out. :tongue3:

The First guy looks at me & Says "What a Bull ....r :laughing9: "

if there were a contest for the most unbelievable
fish tale, these 2 would tie
 
jeff of pa said:
Just reminded me of 2 Guys I Know.

One Pulls in at a lake being drained & says
he's going to a different one out the road
that is also being drained. it wasn't because the fish
from the one I was doing were being transfered there.
anyway 3 hours later he's back with a cigar box full
of golden chains :laughing9:

This guy also dug a shiny steel Cent with the zink
coating still on it :laughing9:

We're at a gas station, & this other guy shows up,
He just bought an XLT, went to a Ghost town
(That dosn't exist) & Dug a $20.00 gold piece
first day out. :tongue3:

The First guy looks at me & Says "What a Bull ....r :laughing9: "

if there were a contest for the most unbelievable
fish tale, these 2 would tie
Yes there is a few of us here.......That thinks the finds posted here .....Are like the ones you just told us about.........
 
Keppy said:
jeff of pa said:
Just reminded me of 2 Guys I Know.

One Pulls in at a lake being drained & says
he's going to a different one out the road
that is also being drained. it wasn't because the fish
from the one I was doing were being transfered there.
anyway 3 hours later he's back with a cigar box full
of golden chains :laughing9:

This guy also dug a shiny steel Cent with the zink
coating still on it :laughing9:

We're at a gas station, & this other guy shows up,
He just bought an XLT, went to a Ghost town
(That dosn't exist) & Dug a $20.00 gold piece
first day out. :tongue3:

The First guy looks at me & Says "What a Bull ....r :laughing9: "

if there were a contest for the most unbelievable
fish tale, these 2 would tie
Yes there is a few of us here.......That thinks the finds posted here .....Are like the ones you just told us about.........

As I said earlier, Only the finder,
or Buyer as the case may be, knows for sure.

& I Thank all of you who Hold your tongues,
in the rare cases where things do get Curious :notworthy:

This world would be awfully boring if everything
was black & White :thumbsup:
 
jeff of pa said:
Just reminded me of 2 Guys I Know.

One Pulls in at a lake being drained & says
he's going to a different one out the road
that is also being drained. it wasn't because the fish
from the one I was doing were being transfered there.
anyway 3 hours later he's back with a cigar box full
of golden chains :laughing9:

This guy also dug a shiny steel Cent with the zink
coating still on it :laughing9:

We're at a gas station, & this other guy shows up,
He just bought an XLT, went to a Ghost town
(That dosn't exist) & Dug a $20.00 gold piece
first day out. :tongue3:

The First guy looks at me & Says "What a Bull ....r :laughing9: "

if there were a contest for the most unbelievable
fish tale, these 2 would tie

There is a local guy by me like that. He came up to us in a park one day with an OLD White's and just talked about how he had JUST found around 40 silver dimes out of a tiny little school yard and mentioned the school.

After he left I had to tell my friend about this school yard he was describing. It is nothing but a trash pit and littered with tin cans on the surface as well as a foot deep. I've never seen an actual coin dug there. We even stopped by there on our way home and there wasn't a single hole dug there.

The guy posts here on the site by the way.... I believe he has posted GIANT pieces of gold on here and people flock to him.

Another poster I know that doesn't post anymore that I'm aware of, but was once worshiped on this site admitted to me some of his finds that he faked. I believe some might even be in the best of tnet section.

And then there was the guy in our club that NOBODY had ever seen dig a single old coin in person. I could be hunting next to him for 30 minutes and be within 10 feet of him the whole time. I would randomly ask if he is having any luck and he would pull out a pocket full of silver. Odd that he can find great stuff and not comment on it when he sees it in the hole when people hunting with you are within 10 feet.

Some people just like the attention.
 
bazinga said:
jeff of pa said:
Just reminded me of 2 Guys I Know.

One Pulls in at a lake being drained & says
he's going to a different one out the road
that is also being drained. it wasn't because the fish
from the one I was doing were being transfered there.
anyway 3 hours later he's back with a cigar box full
of golden chains :laughing9:

This guy also dug a shiny steel Cent with the zink
coating still on it :laughing9:

We're at a gas station, & this other guy shows up,
He just bought an XLT, went to a Ghost town
(That dosn't exist) & Dug a $20.00 gold piece
first day out. :tongue3:

The First guy looks at me & Says "What a Bull ....r :laughing9: "

if there were a contest for the most unbelievable
fish tale, these 2 would tie

There is a local guy by me like that. He came up to us in a park one day with an OLD White's and just talked about how he had JUST found around 40 silver dimes out of a tiny little school yard and mentioned the school.

After he left I had to tell my friend about this school yard he was describing. It is nothing but a trash pit and littered with tin cans on the surface as well as a foot deep. I've never seen an actual coin dug there. We even stopped by there on our way home and there wasn't a single hole dug there.

The guy posts here on the site by the way.... I believe he has posted GIANT pieces of gold on here and people flock to him.

Another poster I know that doesn't post anymore that I'm aware of, but was once worshiped on this site admitted to me some of his finds that he faked. I believe some might even be in the best of tnet section.

And then there was the guy in our club that NOBODY had ever seen dig a single old coin in person. I could be hunting next to him for 30 minutes and be within 10 feet of him the whole time. I would randomly ask if he is having any luck and he would pull out a pocket full of silver. Odd that he can find great stuff and not comment on it when he sees it in the hole when people hunting with you are within 10 feet.

Some people just like the attention.
I know what you mean... You are right :icon_thumright:
 
Could this 2 cent coin be a possible recent drop? It doesn't have to be in the ground for hundreds of years. People find old coins on tot lots. Coulda been from someones collection.
 
bazinga said:
Some people just like the attention.

It's an appalling manifestation of a specific, very dysfunctional personality type.
I used to encounter them all the time at gun shows in the late 90's. The 400 pound Navy SEALs... Treasure hunting has always been a magnet for kooks, fantasists and Water Mitty's. It gives liars an ample opportunity to achieve the emotional rewards liars pursue when they tell their fiction.

The ultimate in loser-personality is the man who tells lies for the sake of lying. Such a man is naturally drawn to situations where he can make fantastic claims and relate grand anecdotes of his own achievement that can't really be 'refuted'.

"Hey, look what I keep finding with my metal detector!" is fertile ground for such losers.

There is real treasure out there with sane and emotionally balanced people looking for it, but you know the liars when you see them.
 
matt092079 said:
Could this 2 cent coin be a possible recent drop? It doesn't have to be in the ground for hundreds of years. People find old coins on tot lots. Coulda been from someones collection.

No chance, this is a hard hunted old site back in the woods, plus it was supposed
to be under a target I had dug.
 
For Clarity, Did you or He Clean the 2 Center
before Posting
it here ? also Ground Type ? A lot of Roots ?

Only place I ever pulled out old Copper coins that color
and cleaner,
were in deep Lake mud.

Have you found other early Copper coins here ?
1919 Back ?

As for missing a target in a Hole, I'v done it
on Multiple targets, especially Nickels though.
once you pull the first one, you Break the Halo,
or tip the second,
& it sometimes takes time for the second
to come through.
 
Hi all. Faking or not ,is any better than snitching on family ?



tinpan
 
LSMorgan said:
bazinga said:
Some people just like the attention.

It's an appalling manifestation of a specific, very dysfunctional personality type.
I used to encounter them all the time at gun shows in the late 90's. The 400 pound Navy SEALs... Treasure hunting has always been a magnet for kooks, fantasists and Water Mitty's. It gives liars an ample opportunity to achieve the emotional rewards liars pursue when they tell their fiction.

The ultimate in loser-personality is the man who tells lies for the sake of lying. Such a man is naturally drawn to situations where he can make fantastic claims and relate grand anecdotes of his own achievement that can't really be 'refuted'.

"Hey, look what I keep finding with my metal detector!" is fertile ground for such losers.

There is real treasure out there with sane and emotionally balanced people looking for it, but you know the liars when you see them.

What % makes up the "Know-it-alls" "Google Trolls" and others who comment without ever posting a single find.? Thats negative comments

tinpan
 
:-\

Hmmm...one of the main reasons I always take a camera into the field, insitue pictures are hard to fake, especially good macro close ups.

SS
 

Attachments

  • stirrup ring.webp
    stirrup ring.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 664
  • stirrup ring.webp
    stirrup ring.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 675
Silver Searcher said:
:-\

Hmmm...one of the main reasons I always take a camera into the field, insitue pictures are hard to fake, especially good macro close ups.

SS

I'm a child in a Candy store Myself :laughing7:

You must have alot of Patience :thumbsup:
I see, I grab, I Clean with my Fingers,
I brag (rub it in) if someones Close ;D
I Put it in my Pouch & Move on.

insitue by me would probably be Reinactment.
Of course I'd make that known.
 
jeff of pa said:
Silver Searcher said:
:-\

Hmmm...one of the main reasons I always take a camera into the field, insitue pictures are hard to fake, especially good macro close ups.

SS

I'm a child in a Candy store Myself :laughing7:

You must have alot of Patience :thumbsup:
I see, I grab, I Clean with my Fingers,
I brag (rub it in) if someones Close ;D
I Put it in my Pouch & Move on.

insitue by me would probably be Reinactment.
Of course I'd make that known.
:laughing9:

I know what you meen Jeff, it was very hard not to pick up the ring straight off, but I also new this was a great oppertunity for a great picture, I must have left it there a good five minutes(which seemed like hours) before I removed it, I still wasn't sure if the ring was complete even. I was lucky on a number of accounts on that day :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.
 
jeff of pa said:
For Clarity, Did you or He Clean the 2 Center
before Posting
it here ? also Ground Type ? A lot of Roots ?

Only place I ever pulled out old Copper coins that color
and cleaner,
were in deep Lake mud.

Have you found other early Copper coins here ?
1919 Back ?

As for missing a target in a Hole, I'v done it
on Multiple targets, especially Nickels though.
once you pull the first one, you Break the Halo,
or tip the second,
& it sometimes takes time for the second
to come through.

Jeff, I didn't do anything to the coin.

It's an old site but there have been coins as new as 1868 found there now that i think about it.

There has been 3 large cents pulled out of this area and they were all green with patina just like

they should be in this area. I wish I had left it in the hole but I know better.

I did dig a mid 50's wheatie one time that looked like it had just been dropped, it still has

it's luster, I can't explain this. I would love to be wrong on this.

There are just to many things that point to the obvious in this case.

Thank you all.
 
Bev said:
jeff of pa said:
only his Haridresser Kno....
Ooops :BangHead:



Only He knows for sure :dontknow:
I'v seen some strange Finds over the years.

One thing is Certain.

I feel very sorry for anyone so Desperate to fit in,
they need to Invent Finds :( There is so many
cool things out there to find as it is.

I can't tell you about the coin but I can give you advice about your gut feeling. Go with it. I ignored "little red flags" before to give the benefit of the doubt and I really shouldn't have.

Does he have the resources to get coins like this to "find"? Research his ID and recent purchases on Ebay perhaps?

IMHO, You've already have doubt and going out with him again will always be tainted with the thoughts of whether he is really finding stuff or...

I can feel sympathy for someone wanting so bad to fit in but I can do it at a distance. Besides, if you go with a group and he's "caught" you look tainted too.

Bev, you are so right about that gut feeling and the rest of it. I am not interested in proving him wrong, I just want
the truth.

Nothing could make me happier than to find out I am wrong about what I am thinking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom