What's new

Possible faked finds. Help me out.

tinpan said:
Hi all. Faking or not ,is any better than snitching on family ?



tinpan


If i understand you, you have a twisted way of thinking.

Family or not, right is right and wrong is wrong.
 
tinpan said:
LSMorgan said:
bazinga said:
Some people just like the attention.

It's an appalling manifestation of a specific, very dysfunctional personality type.
I used to encounter them all the time at gun shows in the late 90's. The 400 pound Navy SEALs... Treasure hunting has always been a magnet for kooks, fantasists and Water Mitty's. It gives liars an ample opportunity to achieve the emotional rewards liars pursue when they tell their fiction.

The ultimate in loser-personality is the man who tells lies for the sake of lying. Such a man is naturally drawn to situations where he can make fantastic claims and relate grand anecdotes of his own achievement that can't really be 'refuted'.

"Hey, look what I keep finding with my metal detector!" is fertile ground for such losers.

There is real treasure out there with sane and emotionally balanced people looking for it, but you know the liars when you see them.

What % makes up the "Know-it-alls" "Google Trolls" and others who comment without ever posting a single find.? Thats negative comments

tinpan
Well it is like this it is my privilege on Tnet not to post my finds....... Just like it is your privilege to post you finds on Tnet............. But you see i do not have to troll Google to find things to put up on Tnet....Like some do..........If and i say with a big if...... IF i ever post a find on Tnet it will be a something that i .. "Actually found" ...... Actually.... means , really , in fact , not false .................... AND FOR TELLING ON YOUR OWN FAMILY MEMBER THAT'S NOT RIGHT ........................ Any thing like that a freind or family be a man bring it up with them face to face....... And why would tell a bunch of strangers about your family members ????????????
 
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.
 
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............
 
Deno said:
jeff of pa said:
For Clarity, Did you or He Clean the 2 Center
before Posting
it here ? also Ground Type ? A lot of Roots ?

Only place I ever pulled out old Copper coins that color
and cleaner,
were in deep Lake mud.

Have you found other early Copper coins here ?
1919 Back ?

As for missing a target in a Hole, I'v done it
on Multiple targets, especially Nickels though.
once you pull the first one, you Break the Halo,
or tip the second,
& it sometimes takes time for the second
to come through.


I did dig a mid 50's wheatie one time that looked like it had just been dropped, it still has

it's luster, I can't explain this. I would love to be wrong on this.

Mine were from the Teens. Can't say Mint "Luster"
as they wern't Shiny but they were the exact color
of a New Penny from the mint.

0 Oxygen is the only excuse I Could come up with.
they fell in Lake Mud that was thick as Axel Grease
right after coming from the bank, & laid there
till the early 21st. century. better seal then the cases
from
the graders :laughing7:

oh & the silver coins in the same Mud,
came out tarnished Black like clad
 
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.
 
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............

I think it depends on the person in most instances. The people that are always finding good stuff find it easy to believe. The people who never find anything seem to be in constant disbelief.

I mean, if I went out and detected 15 hours a week and had 2 wheats and $3.56 in clad to show for it, I would probably find it hard to believe a guy could go out and find 12 silver, 35 wheats, an indian head or two and maybe a buffalo nickel in a day at the same spots I had just detected.
 
bazinga said:
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............

I think it depends on the person in most instances. The people that are always finding good stuff find it easy to believe. The people who never find anything seem to be in constant disbelief.

I mean, if I went out and detected 15 hours a week and had 2 wheats and $3.56 in clad to show for it, I would probably find it hard to believe a guy could go out and find 12 silver, 35 wheats, an indian head or two and maybe a buffalo nickel in a day at the same spots I had just detected.
Well i am not a coin hunter ..... That just seems like a waste of time to me.............
 
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............

I think it depends on the person in most instances. The people that are always finding good stuff find it easy to believe. The people who never find anything seem to be in constant disbelief.

I mean, if I went out and detected 15 hours a week and had 2 wheats and $3.56 in clad to show for it, I would probably find it hard to believe a guy could go out and find 12 silver, 35 wheats, an indian head or two and maybe a buffalo nickel in a day at the same spots I had just detected.
Well i am not a coin hunter ..... That just seems like a waste of time to me.............

So your not a coin hunter or don't you post any finds but you do make un-substantiated negative claims about Minelab. Thats "FACT" not "IF " .

tinpan
 
Deno said:
tinpan said:
Hi all. Faking or not ,is any better than snitching on family ?



tinpan


If i understand you, you have a twisted way of thinking.

Family or not, right is right and wrong is wrong.

Sorry, I beg to Differ. Loyality to family is not twisted and a snitch is a snitch.

tinpan
 
tinpan said:
So your not a coin hunter or don't you post any finds but you do make un-substantiated negative claims about Minelab. Thats "FACT" not "IF " .

tinpan
OH Tinpan if you only knew..... But you never will..... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 421
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 408
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.

...A joke you wouldve never been let in on unless you had confronted him on it? How many other times were you not in on the joke?

I'd rather dig nails all day long next to someone scoring targets galore than fake a find. It's kind of like cheating at solitaire, isnt it?
 
Bev said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.

...A joke you wouldve never been let in on unless you had confronted him on it? How many other times were you not in on the joke?

I'd rather dig nails all day long next to someone scoring targets galore than fake a find. It's kind of like cheating at solitaire, isnt it?

I cheat at solitaire all the Time.
and at pool occasionally when I'm playing alone.

I Never Loose

& yes it's kind of Boring :laughing7:
 
jeff of pa said:
Bev said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.

...A joke you wouldve never been let in on unless you had confronted him on it? How many other times were you not in on the joke?

I'd rather dig nails all day long next to someone scoring targets galore than fake a find. It's kind of like cheating at solitaire, isnt it?

I cheat at solitaire all the Time.
and at pool occasionally when I'm playing alone.

I Never Loose

& yes it's kind of Bioring :laughing7:

:D Too funny!
 
it's sort of easy to cheat at pool.
when I'm not looking I just
push the ball closer to the hole.
Or switch teams when I'm shooting
against myself :wink:

Ya know what's worse ?
Cheating yourself & Loosing ;D
 
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.
You are so righr Bazinga. I quit going to meetings because of what you said and my friend's name on Findmall was JamesND. He is a very honest guy and has no reason to lie. I would love to be as in tune to whats in the ground, and with my detector as he is.
 
bazinga said:
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............

I think it depends on the person in most instances. The people that are always finding good stuff find it easy to believe. The people who never find anything seem to be in constant disbelief.

I mean, if I went out and detected 15 hours a week and had 2 wheats and $3.56 in clad to show for it, I would probably find it hard to believe a guy could go out and find 12 silver, 35 wheats, an indian head or two and maybe a buffalo nickel in a day at the same spots I had just detected.

My buddy James ND goes every day after work (4-5 hours) Sun up till after sun down weekends and day's off. He detects about over 40 hours a week when the weather is good or not. He has no family, girl friend, and all his friends detect so thats our common intrest. I have personally seen his entire collection and it is amazing. I hope he decides to start filming his hunts, just for the sake of watching him hunt. We can all learn something about patience from him as he moves so slow and digs any sound his explorer makes, good or not.
 
justanotherbarber said:
bazinga said:
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
People don't like seeing constant success in others.
I think that there are some that don't like to see others have success.......... But that is more or less a small few.....But you know when some one keep's posting these great finds week after week it makes one wonder did they really?......My self i don't care what any one finds as long as they don't care about what i find...............

I think it depends on the person in most instances. The people that are always finding good stuff find it easy to believe. The people who never find anything seem to be in constant disbelief.

I mean, if I went out and detected 15 hours a week and had 2 wheats and $3.56 in clad to show for it, I would probably find it hard to believe a guy could go out and find 12 silver, 35 wheats, an indian head or two and maybe a buffalo nickel in a day at the same spots I had just detected.

My buddy James ND goes every day. He detects about over 40 hours a week when the weather is good or not. He has no family, girl friend, and all his friends detect so thats our common intrest. I have personally seen his entire collection and it is amazing. I hope he decides to start filming his hunts, just for the sake of watching him hunt. We can all learn something about patience from him as he moves so slow and digs any sound his explorer makes, good or not.
That's how you find the good things..... A lot on here have said that.........You can not go by numbers or sound for the most part.....So one's that dig all will always find more good items than the one's that only dig by sound or a certain number.............. And a lot on here will not dig every thing...........Even if they find a lot of good things by sound & number ..... They are still missing a lot of what could be better find's...... If they did not go by sound & number.....
 
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.

I know what you mean by the jealousy factor. My club has a couple of guys, one uses a V3i and the other a DFX and they just smoke everybody else every month. But heck, I'm not jealous of them. I admire their work. They have top end detectors and they know how to use them properly. That's it.
 
Keppy said:
tinpan said:
So your not a coin hunter or don't you post any finds but you do make un-substantiated negative claims about Minelab. Thats "FACT" not "IF " .

tinpan
OH Tinpan if you only knew..... But you never will..... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Oh yes tinpan... let's see your idea is that if you post find's everyone should...... Then your idea would be if you did not post find's no one should post find's........... That is sort of like I own a gun so every one should own a gun.... &.... I don't own a gun so no one should be able to own a gun....You know i like it so every one should like it.................. I do not like it so no one should like it.............You get what you sound like........................ I think that is called Communism..... Could be we all should move to the USSR then we would all own & do the same things............AND FOR YOUR INFO>> ... I have used Minelab detectors sinse they first came out and still use them i like Minelab detectors i just don't like what the Minelab Company has turned in to............And how they treat there buyers...... AND i am allowed to not like that..
 

Attachments

  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 416
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 403

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom