What's new

Possible faked finds. Help me out.

You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.
 
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.

Yes Please no Discussion of other Forums.

Since TreasureNet is #1

Let's Prove we already Know it :wink:
 
jeff of pa said:
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.

Yes Please no Discussion of other Forums.

Since TreasureNet is #1

Let's Prove we already Know it :wink:

Sorry Jeff, I won't do it again. I just wanted to express that this IS NOT those other forums. It's much much better and more professional.
 
jeff of pa said:
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.

Yes Please no Discussion of other Forums.

Since TreasureNet is #1

Let's Prove we already Know it :wink:
I don't talk about other fourms and i don't spent to much time in other fourms...... I spend about 97% of my time in Tnet forum..........
 
justanotherbarber said:
jeff of pa said:
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.

Yes Please no Discussion of other Forums.

Since TreasureNet is #1

Let's Prove we already Know it :wink:

Sorry Jeff, I won't do it again. I just wanted to express that this IS NOT those other forums. It's much much better and more professional.

:thumbsup: Your not the first :D
 
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.
I just went after Tinpan for he came after me for not posting my find's........ And i never said any thing about posting my finds under this topic....... My whole point on this was you do not tell the whole world about small things about your family............Like any thing you have to go face to face with them and clear things up.....
 
Bev said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.

...A joke you wouldve never been let in on unless you had confronted him on it? How many other times were you not in on the joke?

I'd rather dig nails all day long next to someone scoring targets galore than fake a find. It's kind of like cheating at solitaire, isnt it?

We get along still but I told him off bad and haven't detected with him since. I can't fathom getting enjoyment out of fake finds. I was happy just to have him along in the first place and happy he seemed to be enjoying my hobby. Oh well...lesson learned.
 
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Bev said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a buddy of mine into detecting and he bought a Bounty Hunter and came with. All of a sudden he's pulling up silver quarters, dimes, and a buffalo nickel....I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway's we worked together and the next day at work another guy we work with said "Hey Jay...did Jared show you those coins I sold him" and proceeded to tell me what they were...exactly what Jared "found". So I confronted him all pissed off and he admitted to it saying it was just a joke. I bet he wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't told about him buying the coins.

...A joke you wouldve never been let in on unless you had confronted him on it? How many other times were you not in on the joke?

I'd rather dig nails all day long next to someone scoring targets galore than fake a find. It's kind of like cheating at solitaire, isnt it?

We get along still but I told him off bad and haven't detected with him since. I can't fathom getting enjoyment out of fake finds. I was happy just to have him along in the first place and happy he seemed to be enjoying my hobby. Oh well...lesson learned.

You are totaly in the right. I don't have time for fakers. When you have been detecting for some time you can tell what has been dug or not, and these people just don't understand that. That's why James ND and I only chose to detect with each other or a very select few. The biggest reason for that is James doesnt like his sites stolen, but that's for another topic and I'll start one.
 
The 3 center looks legit. Just like most I have seen right out of the ground. The 2 center being so worn was not drop as long ago as it could have been, It was that worn when dropped. However it does look very clean even if washed with soap and water before taking the picture.

Why does anyone fake their finds. I have seen it done. But why?

If you spend enough time metal detecting you can find quite a few good finds and brag about those.

Ed D.
 
Born2Dtect said:
Why does anyone fake their finds. I have seen it done. But why?

If you spend enough time metal detecting you can find quite a few good finds and brag about those.

Ed D.
One reason to get the prize's the metal detector company's give out for best find....I think a lot of gift's are gave out for fake find's................. The other to belong ??? Who know's
 
It wouldn't be that important to find out to me. If he is prone to such mischief, then let it go as it is just his nature apparentlhy.Not knowing the guy or anything about you even, how would anyone here be able to make that determination for you? Monty
 
Monty said:
It wouldn't be that important to find out to me. If he is prone to such mischief, then let it go as it is just his nature apparentlhy.Not knowing the guy or anything about you even, how would anyone here be able to make that determination for you? Monty
Monty .. You are right there... I wondered the same thing .....
 
justanotherbarber said:
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.
You are so righr Bazinga. I quit going to meetings because of what you said and my friend's name on Findmall was JamesND. He is a very honest guy and has no reason to lie. I would love to be as in tune to whats in the ground, and with my detector as he is.

Yeah, James was his name. I couldn't remember it at all. He is the one of the guys I've always wanted to detect with. He makes volume finds like I do, and he always made me wonder if he was detecting the same style as me or if he had some other tricks I might not be aware of and if I had any he might not be aware. I believe he uses the XS like me, so I always thought the competition in person would be fun.

He was basically the only bright spot of that silly forum. I got banned there years ago for questioning one of Bryce's photos. It's like every time that guy goes detecting, he somehow tops his finds from the previous hunt in some historic manner. /rant
 
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.
You are so righr Bazinga. I quit going to meetings because of what you said and my friend's name on Findmall was JamesND. He is a very honest guy and has no reason to lie. I would love to be as in tune to whats in the ground, and with my detector as he is.

Yeah, James was his name. I couldn't remember it at all. He is the one of the guys I've always wanted to detect with. He makes volume finds like I do, and he always made me wonder if he was detecting the same style as me or if he had some other tricks I might not be aware of and if I had any he might not be aware. I believe he uses the XS like me, so I always thought the competition in person would be fun.

He was basically the only bright spot of that silly forum. I got banned there years ago for questioning one of Bryce's photos. It's like every time that guy goes detecting, he somehow tops his finds from the previous hunt in some historic manner. /rant

James uses Iron mask wide open, moves very, very slow, and digs everything. H does use the XS and will not use anything else, I think he has 2 or 3 backups :dontknow:. He has scary hearing to say the least. I'm gonna try to talk him into posting here and I know he will share his style with others. I used the method he uses and did close to him, sometimes even beat him but not often.
 
Keppy said:
justanotherbarber said:
You kno what you two? Coins, Relics, or Jewlery, We all love the hobby. This topic was started because someone had a problem and we are trying to help him with our advice and experience. Take this fight to another topic as it has NOTHING to do with issues at hand.

This kind of behavior is what's sending treasuredeopt and findmall down the tiolet. Not to mention our great hobby. I havent posted any finds yet because of the crap James ND went through on findmall. I will though because this site is better than them.

Don't prove me wrong... Please. Maybe I'll even talk James into posting here.
I just went after Tinpan for he came after me for not posting my find's........ And i never said any thing about posting my finds under this topic....... My whole point on this was you do not tell the whole world about small things about your family............Like any thing you have to go face to face with them and clear things up.....


How does one come to this conclussion ? First while others were working out the % of fake posters in todays finds and another replied for the reason why such people do this . I asked a Question

Quote "What % makes up the "know-it-alls" Google Trolls and other who comment without ever posting a single find? Thats negative comments

Where in my question do i name or single out anyone person ? Thats easy" NONE" One replied to this question assumed i had singled them out. That didn,t not happen . Didnot the the original poster ask for some advice . he got some Don,t snitch on Family Good advice in my book. Then i see another reply saying that clad hunting is a waste of time. A little insulting don't you think ? Funny the same person bad mouths Minelab in another thread. The Company, and the Metal detectors as well and then says different. That whole thread was created to stir up trouble . I didn,t make a comment just read it .

It would be a lot better for one to get their facts right before assuming ,insulting and giving advice. I,m only human not self rightous. All sounds good doesn,t it bad mouthing family ,members, other forums . I out of this section of the forum for a while i have lost total interest . BYE BYE

tinpan
 
tinpan said:
All sounds good doesn,t it bad mouthing family ,members, other forums . I out of this section of the forum for a while i have lost total interest . BYE BYE

tinpan
Well Tinpan you beat me out of this topic here..... I am gone to............So long
 
justanotherbarber said:
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
On the other side of the "coin". I have detected with a guy back in ND for years and he's a beast at it. Not to mention the best researcher I have ever seen. He will take a newer transparent plat map and lay it over an old one to mark older sites that are "new" areas now.

He goes out after work every day till dark and sunup to sun down on weekends when ground aint frozen. He was posting his finds on Findmall with dirt still on them and then cleaned. Well, there were a few jealous types that accused him of lying about them. This got so bad that he quit posting all together and now there are people that will never get to see these great finds.

This guy knows his Explorer better than anyone out there and and knows where to hunt to find this stuff.

I think I know which guy you are talking about. I honestly couldn't believe people would question his finds. He took a lot of heat on findmall at times over silly stuff if you ask me. But then again, that site is really backwards in its thinking.

He has days like myself and others have and most people are just shocked by it. My friend and I brought in 50+ silver each for one month of detecting to a club meeting and it just leaves people completely shocked and blown away in disbelief. They go out and detect all the time and have no silver to show for the entire month and here are two guys that bring in over 100 silver together while detecting the same spots that they are detecting. They don't think it's possible.

It's the point where we don't get even get votes for FOTM anymore. The only times I've won it are with a gold diamond engagement ring and a half cent. And those barely beat indian heads and mercury dimes by a single vote. I've brought in Walkers and high grade standing liberty quarters and gotten no votes while 1940s mercury dimes get 2nd. People don't like seeing constant success in others.
You are so righr Bazinga. I quit going to meetings because of what you said and my friend's name on Findmall was JamesND. He is a very honest guy and has no reason to lie. I would love to be as in tune to whats in the ground, and with my detector as he is.

Yeah, James was his name. I couldn't remember it at all. He is the one of the guys I've always wanted to detect with. He makes volume finds like I do, and he always made me wonder if he was detecting the same style as me or if he had some other tricks I might not be aware of and if I had any he might not be aware. I believe he uses the XS like me, so I always thought the competition in person would be fun.

He was basically the only bright spot of that silly forum. I got banned there years ago for questioning one of Bryce's photos. It's like every time that guy goes detecting, he somehow tops his finds from the previous hunt in some historic manner. /rant

James uses Iron mask wide open, moves very, very slow, and digs everything. H does use the XS and will not use anything else, I think he has 2 or 3 backups :dontknow:. He has scary hearing to say the least. I'm gonna try to talk him into posting here and I know he will share his style with others. I used the method he uses and did close to him, sometimes even beat him but not often.

Sounds like I hunt exactly the opposite of him. I move very fast and only slow down at select sites. I too will only use the XS and bought a spare XS as a backup.
 
Dang, it seems like some people are making a big deal out of nothing. That's why I said I wouldn't care much whether he was lieing about his finds or not. I don't see anything to get too offended about and I hope feelings aren't hurt, cause I'm sure the post wasn't made to be offensive. I hope not anyway. M :dontknow: nty
 
Monty said:
Dang, it seems like some people are making a big deal out of nothing. That's why I said I wouldn't care much whether he was lieing about his finds or not. I don't see anything to get too offended about and I hope feelings aren't hurt, cause I'm sure the post wasn't made to be offensive. I hope not anyway. M :dontknow: nty
Monty..... I am not offended .... I read all your post and i like them..
 
I have dug hundreds of coins a while back. I have not searched for coins in over 20 years just search for caches now. But, when I searched for coins I would search where I knew people had been and where they had been coins would be lost. I have seen coins dug out of the ground looking completely different depending on the soil in which they are dug. Myself I have no problem believing these coins were dug. Why fake digging three coins? If the soil was sandy and porous I believe those coins would look like that after they were dug. It depends on how soft the ground, types of soil and how deep to bedrock. He might have even found those coins under some metal or under a rock. I would not judge him. Myself I would enjoy hunting with someone that finds coins and digs up junk also. If he had not dug the junk he would not have found the three cent nickel. Just my two cents but what do I know I hardly ever search for coins anymore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom