All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,052
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,048
The 2 center doesn't look like it was buried to me.

Coinstriking Michigan said:

Agreed. Looks very brown and really worn like it was carried around for a while. Every single one I've ever found and seen found has been extremely green and very high grades. I've never personally seen a worn one dug. That one looks like a pocket piece.

And VERY few people even dig the signals to find a nickel 3 cent. The one pictured almost looks like it was in a fire and found in a foreign coin box at the local flea market for a quarter.

I've got a way you can test him.... Take him to a spot that you know has no history of anything ever being there. Say you've hunted it before and found seated dimes and large cents and other old coins and see if he ends up finding some of those old coins as well. Maybe take him to a brand new park built in 1998 that you know some secret "history" of and see what happens. Maybe even 10 minutes into it, pretend to find an indian head.

the two cent and three cent could never have been in the ground, too good of shape. The dime, that one passes for a dug coin. Nice work :icon_thumleft:

having found a 2 center, I don't think this one was dug. They come out of the ground very very green and look really good, not all worn out like that one.

What's the square plate on the bottom of your photo? I'm finding alot of these. My guess was part of a harmonica. Thanks

The only "good" coin I ever found was found while metal detecting... but I found it under a livingroom carpet corner... where the kid "hid" it only to lose it to me over a hundred years later! A large cent... PERFECT except for the dark patina. TTC

only his Haridresser Kno....
Ooops :BangHead:

Only He knows for sure :dontknow:
I'v seen some strange Finds over the years.

One thing is Certain.

I feel very sorry for anyone so Desperate to fit in,
they need to Invent Finds :( There is so many
cool things out there to find as it is.

We both know you are right.

bazinga said:

Agreed. Looks very brown and really worn like it was carried around for a while. Every single one I've ever found and seen found has been extremely green and very high grades. I've never personally seen a worn one dug. That one looks like a pocket piece.

And VERY few people even dig the signals to find a nickel 3 cent. The one pictured almost looks like it was in a fire and found in a foreign coin box at the local flea market for a quarter.

I've got a way you can test him.... Take him to a spot that you know has no history of anything ever being there. Say you've hunted it before and found seated dimes and large cents and other old coins and see if he ends up finding some of those old coins as well. Maybe take him to a brand new park built in 1998 that you know some secret "history" of and see what happens. Maybe even 10 minutes into it, pretend to find an indian head.

Thanks, you're right, I don't think I have ever seen a nickel 3 cent piece posted before. There is no way the 2 center was in the ground.

gleaner1 said:
the two cent and three cent could never have been in the ground, too good of shape. The dime, that one passes for a dug coin. Nice work :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, there is no doubt the 2 center has never been in the ground and the nickel 3 cent piece would have
come out looking like dug nickels look if it had been dug.

ryaan21 said:
having found a 2 center, I don't think this one was dug. They come out of the ground very very green and look really good, not all worn out like that one.

No doubt, all of my large cents are green with patina.

He should have faked it with silver, I would have never been the wiser.

hunting deer said:
What's the square plate on the bottom of your photo? I'm finding alot of these. My guess was part of a harmonica. Thanks

It is a harmonica reed, I found it on top the ground. These are always a sign of an old site.

TerryC said:
The only "good" coin I ever found was found while metal detecting... but I found it under a livingroom carpet corner... where the kid "hid" it only to lose it to me over a hundred years later! A large cent... PERFECT except for the dark patina. TTC

Thanks, detecting in the house, I might try that the next time it's raining.

jeff of pa said:
only his Haridresser Kno....
Ooops :BangHead:

Only He knows for sure :dontknow:
I'v seen some strange Finds over the years.

One thing is Certain.

Yea, I really don't get it.

Thank you all for your comments.

I knew neither of these were dug, but

I wanted to give him the benifit of doubt.

I wish I was wrong, but I know we are all in agreement these coins were not dug.

I just can't relate to someone doing something like this.

Thanks again.

Find a '43 Copper cent.... 4 or 5 were made before the presses were stopped! Worth about a million dollars apiece. TTC

jeff of pa said:

I'd estimate that's a full 20% of the people in the "Finds" section of the site... And I'm being generous with 20%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back