What's new

Possible Homesite?

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was fooling aroung on *Bing Maps looking for old homesites and I found what appears to be a chimney in the middle of the woods... Any thoughts?


Thanks,

RelicHunter97

**Sorry here is the pic**
 

Attachments

  • MetalDetectChimney.webp
    MetalDetectChimney.webp
    49 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
RelicHunter97 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
RelicHunter97 said:
No, Actually I just use Bing maps, satellite mode with angled view and I can zoom in pretty close.
I guess the images here in Everglades region are nowhere near as detailed as what you have. No way can I see an individual tree. Maybe some day in the future..

Mayybe...this is just a thought...since it is a protected area they weren't allowed to fly the planes over to take the photographs? for risk of crashing or pollution?
I think its too remote and too sparcely populated for any interest. I thought they are taken by satellite. :dontknow:

The farther out photos are sattellite but the closer, angled pics are planes
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
trikikiwi said:
trixie charger said:
Its a Hunting Box Stand!, we use them all the time. The cleared out Lane is the Shooting Lane. :wink: They probably feed at the middle or end of the lane.
I bow to your superior knowledge :headbang:
With respect, That isn't hunting :o
Come to New Zealand for hunting :icon_thumleft:
http://www.nzhuntinginfo.com/printPage.php?pageName=./game/red_deer
Cheers, Mike
Can we shoot out of helicopters? :wink: Thats a huge rack.

As long as you are not attached to the helicopter at the time ;D
 
Upvote 0
I would LOVE to come down there!!! But I cant afford it. That is a beautiful animal, Red Stag?.
Oh, when I said we I meant my Family, I prefer either a Ground blind or just sitting beside a tree and waiting. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Here in Rhode island i come across chimneys in the woods sometimes..Usually camping spots.
I always use bing to map out an area..More than likely if there is not alot of penned in walls,
Its not an old homestead..
The key is to find penned in walls....


Blaze...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom