What's new

Possible NA tool

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I live on a 40 acre farm in Ohio. My friends own 10 acres next to me. They have found a NA point and a maul, which I posted on here last year. I get overly excited when I find possible NA artifacts so I have gotten into the practice of setting aside stones/rocks that I think might be something. After a few days, I'll look again to see if I still feel the same about it or if I realize it's just a rock. Well I found this one on Friday. Looked at it after a couple days, and was still excited. I set it back down just in case I'm exaggerating. Then, tonight, Mr. WD asks, "Where did I see that rock you found? It looks like a tool." Game on, I have to post it and see what you experts think!

We also just had a friend over and he looked at it and thinks we just might have something.


DSCN6189.webp



DSCN6190.webp

DSCN6195.webp

DSCN6194.webp

DSCN6193.webp

DSCN6192.webp

DSCN6191.webp

So... What do you think?
 
Upvote 0
You gave us plenty of pictures of the "grooves", and overall pics, but I'd like to see pictures of the big end from different angles before I would hazard an opinion. Is the big end ground to a sharp edge? Also, are the ridges and grooves on both sides or just one? The one edge profile of the grooved area looks a bit thin for any kind of chopping tool.
 
Last edited:
The grooves are formed by natural erosion. A softer part of the stone erodes faster than the hard dark bands which makes the grooves. Not seeing any evidence of that ever being altered or used by man.
 
As do I, nothing on stone shows being worked by man, looks like natural erosion.
 
Okay. Thanks. I’ll keep on looking.

IMG_5319.GIF
 
I hate to, but I agree with most of the guys. Keep eyes to the ground.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom