What's new

Possible symbols from an ancient civilization?

Bulldog -- If you are still around, where is this panel. I am trying to synthesize info on all the Mystery Glyph panels such as this and would like to get this into the inventory. No, I don't think it's Mayan writing. Please reply to john@greerservices dot com. Thanks!!! John
 
Springfield -- If you are still around, where is this panel located? I am still working on an inventory of Mystery Glyph panels everywhere and would like to get your info into the inventory. Please respond off-list to john@greerservices.com. Thanks!!! John
 
Welcome to Treasurenet John-Casper ! :thumbsup::hello2::occasion14:

Coffee?
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
 
images.webp
 

Mike,

What, as your know, we are looking at here is the Maya bar and dot numbering system. The first to realize the meaning of the system was Constantine Samuel Rafinesque-Smaltz. His first writings about Maya writing were around 1832, so I assume his deciphering of the Maya numbering system came about around that time.

"Breaking The Maya Code" by Michael D. Coe is an excellent source for Maya numbers and writing.

Take care,

Joe
 
Bulldog -- If you are still around, where is this panel. I am trying to synthesize info on all the Mystery Glyph panels such as this and would like to get this into the inventory. No, I don't think it's Mayan writing. Please reply to john@greerservices dot com. Thanks!!! John

John, bulldog and springfield have no idea where the panel is located. For the purpose of your inventory, list this "Mystery Glyph's" location as "unknown"…mission complete. I also believe that this glyph is not mayan. Happy Hunting, John.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom