- #1
Thread Owner
Heya all,
I was wondering if it's possible to detect through asphalt, and if so, what would be the proper procedure/type detector to use? It's an old property in my city, probably one of the oldest. There used to be a store located on it, and a butcher shop. I was told there was a Well at one time too, but it was filled in long ago and asphalted over.
thanks
I was wondering if it's possible to detect through asphalt, and if so, what would be the proper procedure/type detector to use? It's an old property in my city, probably one of the oldest. There used to be a store located on it, and a butcher shop. I was told there was a Well at one time too, but it was filled in long ago and asphalted over.
thanks

buy what you can comfortably afford- then take your time to learn to use it, and it will help you afford something better in the future if your patient. I picked up a cheap bounty hunter for about $200, it broke, then I returned/replaced it -added another $90- and got a $290 Garrett Ace 350 from a major supplier (they have ads on this site) it found me a good amount of silver jewelry, pendents, bracelets, rings - I upgraded again to the Minelab E-Trac after talking to Mike at woodland. I got a good deal on it and I love my machine! The deal was so good that I'm not going to tell you what I paid for it. just saying less then other places sell for
(Thanks again Mike!) what ever you get if you become good at learning what it's telling you- you will find good stuff. just law of averages, get out and dig everything at first until you learn your machine choice (and in my opinion their aren't any bad choices unless you can't use them to find good stuff!!) even a lower end Ace 250 will produce if your in an older area and digging when it tones out over silver/gold. 







