What's new

Possibly the biggest $ find EVER on TNET

pynchinflint

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a great teller that will sometimes save the junk for me that they would normally throw away. I hadn't stopped by to see her lately so I thought I'd pay her a visit. Sure enough, she had a few coins. Got a Canadian quarter, a 2 cent Euro, and a 1 shilling coin from Kenya. Of course I thanked her and was about to head out the door when she called me back and asked if I was interested in bills. I said sure and she handed me the bill in the picture.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

I've never felt this wealthy.

So my plans for tomorrow are;

1) Take the wife out for the dinner of a lifetime.
2) Pay off the mortgage
3) Pay off a bit of the national debt :laughing9:

I just cant believe my luck and thanks for looking. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • Trillion 001 small.webp
    Trillion 001 small.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Trillion small.webp
    Trillion small.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,301
Upvote 0
Oh, wait. I didn't read the whole post. I didn't know if you were serious. That bill is from a few years back when Zimbabwe had hyperinflation. The bill is worthless. Sorry.
 
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.
 
Say it ain't so JJ. Way to burst a guys bubble. ;D

Seriously, I figured it was worth about as much as the recycled paper it contains.

And AG...I couldn't agree with you more. It is down right scary as to what could happen here at home.

I just figured I could gloat for at least a day and say "yep...I'm a multi trillionaire". :laughing7:
My first banner find will have to wait I guess.
 
pynchinflint said:
Say it ain't so JJ. Way to burst a guys bubble. ;D

Seriously, I figured it was worth about as much as the recycled paper it contains.

And AG...I couldn't agree with you more. It is down right scary as to what could happen here at home.

I just figured I could gloat for at least a day and say "yep...I'm a multi trillionaire". :laughing7:
My first banner find will have to wait I guess.

Haha. I just couldn't tell if you were serious or not.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented. The one flaw in communism is that it does not take into account human emotion, otherwise it is an excellent idea. Personally I'm socialist in my views. Not trying to start an argument, just saying I like the idea of no rich and no poor, and free healthcare for all.

Sorry for going on a tangent. That is a very interesting bill, I have a similar arrangement with the tellers at my dump bank. They always hold all the coins stuck on the magnet of the coin counter and hand them to me free of charge. Pretty sweet!
 
quick-silver said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented. The one flaw in communism is that it does not take into account human emotion, otherwise it is an excellent idea. Personally I'm socialist in my views. Not trying to start an argument, just saying I like the idea of no rich and no poor, and free healthcare for all.

Sorry for going on a tangent. That is a very interesting bill, I have a similar arrangement with the tellers at my dump bank. They always hold all the coins stuck on the magnet of the coin counter and hand them to me free of charge. Pretty sweet!
Not to start anything myself, but it feels like the country is already slowly moving towards this state.

(If everyone is flat broke, then you can't really consider anyone right or poor, right??)
 
I bought several of these on ebay and took one of them to my pick up bank and asked the lady if I could deposit it.

She didnt bat an eye at first but then noticed the amount...., then the fact it was a Zimbabwe note...
 
quick-silver said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented. The one flaw in communism is that it does not take into account human emotion, otherwise it is an excellent idea. Personally I'm socialist in my views. Not trying to start an argument, just saying I like the idea of no rich and no poor, and free healthcare for all.

Sorry for going on a tangent. That is a very interesting bill, I have a similar arrangement with the tellers at my dump bank. They always hold all the coins stuck on the magnet of the coin counter and hand them to me free of charge. Pretty sweet!

I appreciate the opinion as well and happy you are able to share it freely --for now anyway. Keep in mind though about rich and poor that once the incentive for working hard and getting ahead is taken away there wont be a rich, or even middle. We will all be living off what the government gives us, which will also be little since they will have no one to take it from anymore. Here in georgia at least ive learned to hunt, fish, make fire and purify water with only nature providing for when it all hits the fan.
 
I appreciate the opinion as well and happy you are able to share it freely --for now anyway. Keep in mind though about rich and poor that once the incentive for working hard and getting ahead is taken away there wont be a rich, or even middle. We will all be living off what the government gives us, which will also be little since they will have no one to take it from anymore. Here in georgia at least ive learned to hunt, fish, make fire and purify water with only nature providing for when it all hits the fan.
[/quote]

The one problem i see with this is that, if you look at the European, the Canadian, or even the Cuban healthcare system, it is the government who pays for healthcare and the government alone. In England, they even pay you if it cost you money to make it to the hospital. (i.e. taxi, etc.) And even as the government pays for this, they do not collect taxes for it. It has also been said that the quality of performance by doctors is not as great because there is no reason to do better than average, but doctors are given benefits for doing a better job, and although none will make millions, I believe a few hundred thousand a year to help everyone have their best chance at survival is worth it. Overall quality of life in terms of health is better in these countries, and length of life is also longer.
Having said all this, those are without a doubt useful traits to have, and everyone should have some basis of this knowledge.

I apologize for sort of hijacking this post, just thought i would reinforce my opinion. Thanks.
 
Wow, nice find! You're now 100 trillion dollars richer................... In Zimbabwe money.
 
That's neat. I'd like to find a couple of those for my kids. They would LOVE them!
 
I picked up some on ebay and gave them to all the family at christmas. They got a kick out of it.
 
quick-silver said:
I appreciate the opinion as well and happy you are able to share it freely --for now anyway. Keep in mind though about rich and poor that once the incentive for working hard and getting ahead is taken away there wont be a rich, or even middle. We will all be living off what the government gives us, which will also be little since they will have no one to take it from anymore. Here in georgia at least ive learned to hunt, fish, make fire and purify water with only nature providing for when it all hits the fan.

The one problem i see with this is that, if you look at the European, the Canadian, or even the Cuban healthcare system, it is the government who pays for healthcare and the government alone. In England, they even pay you if it cost you money to make it to the hospital. (i.e. taxi, etc.) And even as the government pays for this, they do not collect taxes for it. It has also been said that the quality of performance by doctors is not as great because there is no reason to do better than average, but doctors are given benefits for doing a better job, and although none will make millions, I believe a few hundred thousand a year to help everyone have their best chance at survival is worth it. Overall quality of life in terms of health is better in these countries, and length of life is also longer.
Having said all this, those are without a doubt useful traits to have, and everyone should have some basis of this knowledge.

I apologize for sort of hijacking this post, just thought i would reinforce my opinion. Thanks.
[/quote]




If I work hard, I need to be rich, if you do not work hard you need to be poor...........I do not want the government to pay for my health care, I will do it myself by working hard..I do not want to give my hard earned money to lazy people........I do not want them to give me anything..I want to work for it as
I always have..That is what make America great..You can work hard, and be a winner, or not work, and be a bum.....I hate bums.............Communism sucks....sorry to hi jack the post.....
 
quick-silver said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented. The one flaw in communism is that it does not take into account human emotion, otherwise it is an excellent idea. Personally I'm socialist in my views. Not trying to start an argument, just saying I like the idea of no rich and no poor, and free healthcare for all.

Sorry for going on a tangent. That is a very interesting bill, I have a similar arrangement with the tellers at my dump bank. They always hold all the coins stuck on the magnet of the coin counter and hand them to me free of charge. Pretty sweet!


I'm guessing that you are still in high school or college???
 
Amaizing. I think it is worth 10 cent U.S.

Golden Silver
 
Damn I thought I was gonna be the riches guy on here with my collection... :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • million dollar bill.webp
    million dollar bill.webp
    19 KB · Views: 738
  • 15810.webp
    15810.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 721
  • Obama-Three_Dollar_Bill.webp
    Obama-Three_Dollar_Bill.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 721
  • arkie_quarter.webp
    arkie_quarter.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 700
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

And what do we have in the Highest Office today; a sobering & scary clip of Obama:


 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom