What's new

Possibly the biggest $ find EVER on TNET

pynchinflint

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a great teller that will sometimes save the junk for me that they would normally throw away. I hadn't stopped by to see her lately so I thought I'd pay her a visit. Sure enough, she had a few coins. Got a Canadian quarter, a 2 cent Euro, and a 1 shilling coin from Kenya. Of course I thanked her and was about to head out the door when she called me back and asked if I was interested in bills. I said sure and she handed me the bill in the picture.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

I've never felt this wealthy.

So my plans for tomorrow are;

1) Take the wife out for the dinner of a lifetime.
2) Pay off the mortgage
3) Pay off a bit of the national debt :laughing9:

I just cant believe my luck and thanks for looking. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • Trillion 001 small.webp
    Trillion 001 small.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Trillion small.webp
    Trillion small.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,301
Upvote 0
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

And what do we have in the Highest Office today; a sobering & scary clip of Obama:







Well that sucks....I DO NOT want to share what I work hard for.....
 
Canada and England don't pay taxes for their free health care??? :icon_scratch: Not true. Got family in BC and have heard from the horses mouth.

Golden Silver
 
They don't pay taxes in Canada and England for free Health Care??? :icon_scratch: Not true. I have family in BC and have heard from the horses mouth what they go through.

Golden Silver
 
GPURS said:
quick-silver said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Read the story of Zimbabwe, a great example of what Marxist, Communist, and Dictator can do to ruin a otherwise productive and beautiful country. It should be taken as a warning.

Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented. The one flaw in communism is that it does not take into account human emotion, otherwise it is an excellent idea. Personally I'm socialist in my views. Not trying to start an argument, just saying I like the idea of no rich and no poor, and free healthcare for all.

Sorry for going on a tangent. That is a very interesting bill, I have a similar arrangement with the tellers at my dump bank. They always hold all the coins stuck on the magnet of the coin counter and hand them to me free of charge. Pretty sweet!


I'm guessing that you are still in high school or college???

first thing that came to my mind was college but you never know.
 
I know better than to even think about posting on this one, but what the heck. For me, there is no such thing as communism--never was and never will be. It is a utopian idea that was never put into practice. Stalinism, for example, was a brutal totalitarian dictatorship, he did not practice communism--although he is credited for doing do.

I have read the Communist Manifesto. Why? Well, I am an American Historian and it was just part of graduate school. Glad I did. Marx discusses a temporary "dictatorship" so the middle class would not rise again. He was wrong in the fact that people would not tolerate abuse. There is so much to discuss here, that well, it is just futile. The fact for me is that I am free, my family members, like thousands of others have served to keep dictators from encrouching our borders and saved numerous countries from the likes of Hitler, Stalin, et. al."

Guess I had better say something about coins: I like Ike and I like Silver.
APUSH
 
apush said:
I know better than to even think about posting on this one, but what the heck. For me, there is no such thing as communism--never was and never will be. It is a utopian idea that was never put into practice. Stalinism, for example, was a brutal totalitarian dictatorship, he did not practice communism--although he is credited for doing do.

I have read the Communist Manifesto. Why? Well, I am an American Historian and it was just part of graduate school. Glad I did. Marx discusses a temporary "dictatorship" so the middle class would not rise again. He was wrong in the fact that people would not tolerate abuse. There is so much to discuss here, that well, it is just futile. The fact for me is that I am free, my family members, like thousands of others have served to keep dictators from encrouching our borders and saved numerous countries from the likes of Hitler, Stalin, et. al."

Guess I had better say something about coins: I like Ike and I like Silver.
APUSH

I wish I could say that they are outside our borders. Somehow I cant say that with any conviction. They are here and now. Waiting to sweep away your freedom any chance you give them.
 
pynchinflint said:
quick-silver....your post really PO'ed me off! I have relatives that fought and died for this country's FREEDOM and what we represent in this world. As you state "Nothing wrong with communism, just the way it is implemented"....WHAT?

Please name me the top 3 countries where communism has worked.
Please name me the to 3 countries where socialism has worked.

It makes on wonder if the push for high speed trains in this country is a push to get us to the gas chambers quicker!

Thanks to the other posters for having a little fun with my HUGE (insignificant )find.

Dont get pissed, i have family members that have fought, as well as my own personal wants to join. But i dont fight for the country. The country is corrupt and has been for over 100 years. Remember the idealism of when this country was made was because we wanted to be free from englands rules and taxes.......yet guess what we still pay and the bull we must still deal with. No less....if i were to join (I am currently ineligible but am fighting the reason) i wouldnt be fighting for the country.....but for the citizens the country steps on to keep afloat.
 
Its amazing how people have views without an understanding how things work economically.

First of all there is no such thing as free. Someone has to pay.

Second-When something is "free" for it also raises the cost because prices go up when someone else is paying. Competition and what the "market will bear" tend to keep prices down. Ie-if the goverment was paying for a product you were selling , how much would you sell it for.

Third and most important -when has the goverment ever run anything efficiently. Just look at the social security system -need i say more?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom