Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post got me interested in TreasureNet. I am glad the post is still going. If you read all the posts, you can learn a lot, even if it takes quite some time.:icon_king:

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite score of the year! Vintage Julbo Glacier sunglasses. Bought for $1 and sold for $150.

My wife found them on a table and asked me if I wanted them. I didn't know what they were at first but they were cool enough that I said, "Heck yeah!". Thought, at the least, they looked like something a steampunk fan would buy. Turned out better than I expected ... chalk up a find for the wife.

julbo.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite score of the year! Vintage Julbo Glacier sunglasses. Bought for $1 and sold for $150.

My wife found them on a table and asked me if I wanted them. I didn't know what they were at first but they were cool enough that I said, "Heck yeah!". Thought, at the least, they looked like something a steampunk fan would buy. Turned out better than I expected ... chalk up a find for the wife.

View attachment 1391016

I love sunglasses. It's like they're the last thing people look at. Especially the older ones, Porsche design, Ray-Ban, The ones you have.... Some of them old funky looking things made anywhere but China seem to have a pretty good return and you can go to a yard sale at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and no one's even looked at sunglasses! I have found some pretty crazy looking glasses for a dollar and sold them for over $100 in the last year. The older the better! Those ones you have are awesome though. I would've picked those up in a second... nice find! Thank you for sharing!!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Haven't posted anything on this thread in a while. This isn't exactly a re-sale score but close enough. Picked up a nearly new Stetson straw hat from a thrift for 99 cents. Haven't sold the hat yet & probably won't because it fits but when I got it out to the truck & was taking a better look at it I found a $20 bill behind the sweat band.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a book about 6 months ago about V12 engines. Nice coffee table book. Sold it on Saturday for $149.99.

Bought a book given by Disney Imagineer Ambassador Marty Sklar to Engineering students they are recruiting. Very rare book, with nothing but blank Pages. "The Scariest Thing in the world" was the title. Bought it for $1, sold it for $99.99 on Ebay.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My humble offering to this thread. I found a gold-colored ladies Michael Kors coat zipper pull while out walking recently. Sold it on eBay for $3 plus shipping, buyer seemed happy to get it (I think she needed a replacement).

Funny, I was searching in vain for this thread after I sold the zipper pull. Glad it surfaced again :icon_thumleft:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one was fun. Bought in a box of stuff, probably paid .50 or so, classic 80's bootleg. While handling it, accidentally broke the brim. I was bummed, but I decided to put it on ebay anyways as a .99 auction, fully described as being broken, sold as is, no returns. Got bid up to $78 plus shipping! Merry Christmas to me!

ebay7393.JPG

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disney Imagineer Ambassador ...Very rare book, with nothing but blank Pages. "The Scariest Thing in the world" was the title. Bought it for $1, sold it for $99.99 on Ebay.

Disney printed things do sell. (I stay away from manufactured items) The company that I worked for (I got laid off for being too old) prints a lot for Disneyland. They are only a few miles away. Last summer was their 60th anniversary and we printed a really nice magazine for employees only. (we do that every month or so, it is called The Line) On the front cover was an 8 x 10 3D postcard (when you move the magazine the postcard changes pictures) It was glued on. When I was in the factory someone pulled a copy for the trash because the postcard was glued upside down. I grabbed that one. It will be an "only" error copy in existence. I will probably wait a while to sell it.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Going through stuff I have accumulated and found this "coin" (from a jewelry jar I'm sure). Did some research and discovered it is a 1896 Presidential Election Mechanical coin. Worth over $100.00. After I discovered what it was was, I then came across a 1900 Mechanical coin that was dug by a member here on Tnet! I think he even had a couple votes for banner. To dig one up and it still works is an amazing thing! But I'm cool with discovering things at stores and garage sales. But I am hoping I can get my vintage Judge detector together for the Spring thaw. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483126778.166028.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483126795.220718.jpg Sold for $76.00! I'll take it!

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was $2 dollar at the thrift store a cashier had it behind the counter and wanted me to buy it because She thought frogs are creepy. Sold it to me half off because she wanted it to get away so bad. It's a paperweight I believe but it's sold for $30 or $10 shipping. If she didn't point it out I never would've bought it did not even see it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484225377.266752.jpg

SoCalNYGGirl

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
So cal
Primary Interest:
Other
My 50¢ purchase from a box of old books at yard sale. DR SEUSS..REALLY? I didn't know wether to crack up laughing at buying this or be subtle and ashamed of myself for it. This is definitely a unique find for my book collection!! (No shame here in finding laughter in unusual things)

Attachments

• 1484231293619.jpg
    1484231293619.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 165

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 50¢ purchase from a box of old books at yard sale. DR SEUSS..REALLY? I didn't know wether to crack up laughing at buying this or be subtle and ashamed of myself for it. This is definitely a unique find for my book collection!! (No shame here in finding laughter in unusual things)

Thanks for sharing! One thing to keep in mind, the intent of this particular thread is to showcase the very cheap/free items that you have found and then sold for a profit, the point being to show other members things that have sold, not necessarily to show everything that has been bought for a dollar. Just wanted to give you a heads up, not trying to scold. We appreciate you posting your finds, but in the future please reserve sold items for this thread.

SoCalNYGGirl

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
So cal
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually buy and resale vintage books. My intent is to re sale..estimated value I've been advised on is $60-$136.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Goodwill find but bought this 1983 Hallmark ornament for 80 cents on Saturday. Listed it Sunday morning and for several offers for about $30.00. Sold this morning BIN for $50.00. Funny thing about them is if you have all four ornaments from 1980,81,82, and 83...they sell for over $400.00. I was all over the shelves hoping to find the other three!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485197971.630425.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a PSP for a dollar. Picked up a charger for it on eBay for a couple dollars and sold it for 67 with seven dollar shipping. Probably could've got more for buy it now but I have so much stuff anyways, I just need to sell sell sell sell sell!! Guy said it was broken and did not work. All it needed was a charger!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485202100.950157.jpg

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do all you sell your stuff on Ebay? Or other ways as well. I found a set of Destiny's child dolls. Michelle, Beyounce, and Kelly. The packages have all been signed. I can tell they have been opened before, but they are still in great shape

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread