Post your clues here!

T

TwoKites

Hey, has anyone noticed near the end of chapter one, where it says "Zac might as well have thrown a tigerwood stick for him to fetch"? Cuz i looked up tigerwood and i found that it was native to Britain and it doesnt grow anywhere in the US but do you think it might have anything to do with Tiger Woods/golf courses?

B

borghuman

What golf corse do you know of that you can just jump the fence and walk onto because its an open public free place? Let me look in hole 18 while you tee off. Don't think so. Think less hard! Public means the Washington Mall, a statue, Trafalgar Square, Times Square, A pedestrian bridge, a lamp post on whichever Avenue... :o

T

tillypoo

I have been skiming the book for two days and have found lots of clues in the pictures but somthing is telling me that they are all dead ends that are ment to throw me off in the pictures I have found:
Nothing to be disturbed thru the lands (page31)
Each is outside for you to find (page 33)
An even code with on piece nary (page 41 I still dont understand it)
Ill spell out the sanctuary (page 46)
With in the text you have the key (page 48)
The treasures abide, reveals the maze (page 63)
There are words on page 83 i cant make out and that is all i have found

P

pancho_semplice

The phrases you speak of are throughout the book, and make up a poem.

I have yet to see the poem entirely completed, including my own efforts, but I have no doubt it is one of the most important pieces of this search.

Happy hunting.

T

TwoKites

hey borghuman, you're awfully sour, lighten up. The point is that were HELPING each other, not criticizing each other's ideas. :)

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Hey Tillypoo,

On page 46, I believe that it says "Will spell out santuary" instead of I'll. Maybe?!? Not sure it makes a difference but it may all fit together and without the exact word maybe it wont work. And on page 41, I am unsure if it says Nary, Mary, or Wary but does anyone else think the cracker in the picture resembles the state of Nevada. And as my baby pointed out on the tin there is two mountains with a sun coming up inbetween and we are pretty sure that it is on N.V. state flag. I havent looked that up yet though just came across it to be honest ::) Ok ... well hope to have helped I am so happy to have found a site that shares my thrill with this book and treasure hunt. ;D

Kris

C

Catlily

Hi, I'm one of the new ones on this site, and haven't read everything on here, but I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about the snail drawings on the first 8 pages (upper right hand corner). The snail has its "hands" in different positions; who knows sign language out there?!

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Well Catlily,
? ? ? That is pretty interesting ... I know a little sign language but not enough and I cant make anything out of it ... but when my hubby gets home I will see if he can make it out he is great with sign language.? But it looks like to me that the snail is looking up ... possibly waiting for the dust?!?? Possibly ... of course that is a personal opinion.?

Kris

C

Catlily

Hi, Kris,

I forgot to mention the scarf on the snail ??? Any ideas anyone?

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Hi again,
Im not real sure I thought that maybe it was just to show it was the "female" snail? But honestly I didnt put that much thought into it so I will have to keep an eye on that as well. Thanks for pointing it out!

Kris

S

Shala

hi every one first day here second day with the book. Anyone getting anywhere. Cuz I'm sure not!!!!!

N

nlady

Re: 5 on the side

(Book) Side by Side: Five Favorite Picture-Book Teams Go To Work By: Leonard S. Marcus

B

basketcase

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the children's blocks on page 63 meant. I have : reveals the name where on the treasures abide. I don't know what the UGFXJ and KPCY mean. Any ideas???!! I will try to help as I can but just started with the book. ;D

C

Carr7681

zip codes

Using:
11? 12? 13? 14? 15? ?16? ?17? ?18? ?19
A? ?B? ? C? ? D? ? E? ? ?F? ? G? ? ?H? ? ?I? ?

20? 21? 22? ?23? ?24 25? 26?
? J? ? K? ? L? ? M? ? N? ? O? ?P? ? ? ?

? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5? 6? 7? 8? 9? 10?
Q? R? S? T? U? V W? X Y? ?Z

The Word Dust:

is 14534

Pittsford NY

What do you think.

H

hoppperr

I live in Northern California, between Reno and Sacramento (closer to Sac) in "Gold Country." I've been to an Overlook near my home, but not the foggiest idea where to actually look. I know this area quite well if you want to "pick my brain" (what is left of my brain after buying this book!).

While researching stuff on the web, I noticed that geocachers are warned for safety reasons to poke knotholes with sticks before reaching in, so it makes we wonder if the tokens are NOT in knotholes, because I don't see any such warning in the Treasure's Trove rules (tells you just to reach inside without poking) but I could have missed the warning.

Something I noticed today: TOLKIEN. First two letters, middle letter, last two letters. Hmmmmmm.

H

haley

Okay, here you are. Hope this helps...
> page 10 Hidden well, no eye can see
> 16 Below sky and above earth be
> 20-21 Treasures tweleve for you to keep
> 22 Around the nation tweleve places to seek
> 25 Not on private property, nor in anyone's hands
> 31 Nothing to be disturbed thru the lands
> 33 Each is outside for you to find
> 38-39 No digging or prying, just reach inside
> 41 An even code with one piece wary (nary, Mary)
> 46 Will spell out the sanctuary
> 48 Within the text you have the key
> 52 For the one that is missing you did not see
> 59 A code of numbers, five to a side
> 63 Reveals the name where the treasures abide
> 66 With name in hand the fairies know
> 69 And they will show you where to go
> 77 ?there are thirteen
> 78 Seize you token and reach your goal
> 83 The secret is not half, but it is not whole

Note all of the obvious misspellings of twelEve. (Including in TofContents) why?
I guess the trick is now to deal with the code of numbers five to a side, and deal with an even code with one piece nary (missing)

___Haley

B

BonnyBlue

Hello all,

I am a newbie too but have been enjoying all of your different ideas.
Don't fight though, it takes the fun out of it and all of you have some supper ideas.? This is a pretty hard puzzle right now but we will keep sharing I hope.? I would sure? like to see someone find something.?? It would make my day.? ?::)

I was wondering if anyone else might have noticed that on page 24, the tree kinda reminds me of a Celery Stalk and on pages 29 - 76 -and page 86, the trees sorta reminds me of Broccoli. ? And look close, you will see a bunch of little pooks or something like him as the leaves.? Maybe Giraffes heads too below that are poking out of the leaves.? Maybe indicative of a Zoo close by each jewel.

Is the Purple Thistle really an artichoke?? ?I looked up Broccoli and found.

Common varieties are Calabrese and purple sprouting broccoli.

Broccoli possesses abundant fleshy green flower heads arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. The large mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves. Broccoli most closely resembles its close relative cauliflower, being green instead of white.

Broccoli is a cool-weather crop that does poorly in hot summer weather.

Also the little Carrot Top Redheaded little fairy that pops up everywhere.

I don't know what vegetables would have to do with this story but thats what they first reminded me of when I saw them.? ?:-\

I also noticed that on page 41, the border reminds me of Military Camoflage,? and I was thinking maybe there is a Military Base near each jewel, the border on page 20 and 21 reminds of the American / Mexican Border, which could include California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.?

The SNAIL wearing the Bandana SCARF, may indicate he's a Cowboy or a Red Neck.? Just wanted to share what I was seeing.? Keep up the good work guys.

Good Luck To Everyone? ?:)

Bonny Blue

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
BONNYBLUE, Great observations. i like those ideas. i tend to think ms puts little tid bits like that in here. ive always thought the tree on the front cover his face looks like a heart. not a valentines heart but an organ. what do you think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread