What's new

Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Old River

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Made a quick hunt with Young River this afternoon. Found a few relics, and this one we do not know what it is. Would appreciate any help.

Sorry I didn't give it size:
This relic is 2 and 1/4 inches long, and 1 and 5/8 inches wide. It's a little small for wash tub handle......
 

Attachments

  • 551518662211_0_BG.webp
    551518662211_0_BG.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 644
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today.

Handle off a wash tub or the like...
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today.

Ditto Montana Elf.

Ring handle.

neat find.

have good un..........
SHERMANVILLE
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Added a little info to the post to give you a idea of the size of the relic.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Iron? I also believe its a handle for something.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Drawer pull?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Agree

!79720260_pDJuhyfH.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Hey River....I think it is part of a buckle the middle part broke or rusted away. Just my 2 1/2 cents.

Rick
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Naw, Little River would never have found a plain old tub handle. It's for sure a version of an 18th century horse carriage door pull ring, kinda like the one pictured here.
 

Attachments

  • carriage door pull.webp
    carriage door pull.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

willie d said:
Drawer pull?

Agree. Drawer pull ring.

Ring_pulls_1625_2_finishes%20copy.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

jeff of pa said:

All the dog needs now is some potatoes, carrots, onion, salt, pepper, paprika and then to gently simmer ;D ::) ;D ::)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Harry_Morant said:
jeff of pa said:

All the dog needs now is some potatoes, carrots, onion, salt, pepper, paprika and then to gently simmer ;D ::) ;D ::)

Harry shame on you! >:(






You forgot garlic ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

At first glance, I said furniture hardware and it does look like that. The problem I have with going that way is that furniture hardware is more likely to be brass than iron. I know some early and home built furniture was iron and some of the antique tables I have had were fitted with iron hardware.

So I think it is furniture hardware, it may be something else.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Thanks for the reply's. We kind of thought it might have went to a rifle, or some kind of furniture hardware. Aren't mysteries fun.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Yeah, mysteries are fun. To a point.

Have a good holiday and the new year NOT be blessed with more Pigg Nutz or 15 sprocket county things. ;D

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Yes Mysteries are fun, but I'm sorry if I offended someone. I would like to think that everyone was pleased to see the things we find, and the comments we make would please someone. It's not done to offend anyone. I enjoy reading everyones comments, and I was hoping everyone would feel the same about me. I appreciate all the things that folks share with us. It been fun, and very interesting no matter what it is. I was hoping for a good relationship with everyone that post, and make comments. This has been one of the best groups I've made friends with, and was hoping it would go on for a long time. Good hunting, and have a Happy New Year.

Old River
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Didn't see anything that would make me think you offended anyone. We all like to help but we get "off topic" sometimes and have a bit of fun within a thread. It's just what happens.

I hope you didn't take my "to a point" as a comment aimed at you. It was not. It was aimed at the Pigg Nutz and 15 counter sprockety thing. If you have been trying to follow those threads, they take mystery to a whole new level. I still have dreams/nightmares about them. :D

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

I do appreciate to reply. I just didn't want to offend anyone. I would like to thank you, and everyone for your comments on my Post. Some times I get a little short of things to post, and try to keep something comming. Besides being a disabled vet. with diabetes, and recently developing heart problems, I try to keep friends to communicate. Recently I've spent more time with doctors than I have my Metal detector.

Thanks Friend
Old River
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

I think you will find most of us here have pretty thick skin. It would be hard to offend anyone unless you were really trying.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had to retire on disability and can identify with the loss of things.

Use the forum and PM messages as you wish. We are like a family here, dysfunctional as heck, but we like helping anyway we can.

Let us know what you what/need. We're here pretty much 24/7.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Posted this for my daughter "Young River. Found it today. (Modified.)

Thanks Daryl. Good hunting. Will be looking forward for your post, and comments.

Old River
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom