pot shards found at an estate sale

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know what type of pottery this is,got the points ,book and hammerstone there also estate sale 030.JPG estate sale 034.JPG estate sale 033.JPG estate sale 032.JPG

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, the points are recent made stuff that you find in tourist shops.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is JMO but the points on the bottom look to be good, the other points look to be new or points from Africa and the pottery looks old, I would have someone take a close look at the pottery. Cool score:thumbsup:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The pottery is from the Caribbean, probably Dominican Republic. Google Taino Adorno and you'll see similar examples.

The small points could be African Neolithic, but they could also be South American (Peru, Bolivia, Chile.)

The larger points are probably something from Kentucky, Tennessee or the surrounding states.

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you,i know i got some good info from you all,i knew the larger points were good as i have found many like them here in tn,thought maybe the little gray one was good too.i am really happy to see were the pottery came from,was hoping north america but oh well,just have to keep looking.hit this estate sale after i went with a friend to a site that is going away,saved a whole one and a couple of brokes,he did ok as well.not bad for just one day off a week here lately.here is the ones i saved points 001.JPG points 002.JPG

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir joshuaream,since i have your attention can you id this? POT 001.JPG POT 002.JPG POT 003.JPG POT 004.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guessing repro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread