potentiometer repair on Excalibur

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Hello all,

I ordered an Excalibur off of ebay, needs some knobs and a new pot.

Does anyone have the part numbers of the pots on those units?

I probably have some with the right value and taper, but I know some Excalibur control pots have switches in them.

I usually order from Mouser, but I can cross reference the part numbers.

Thanks

Beerguy

henasau

Jun 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I ordered an Excalibur off of ebay, needs some knobs and a new pot.

Does anyone have the part numbers of the pots on those units?

I probably have some with the right value and taper, but I know some Excalibur control pots have switches in them.

I usually order from Mouser, but I can cross reference the part numbers.

Thanks

Beerguy
I know this is an old thread but hopfully someone can help. My Threshold/Auto pot is busted beyond repair. I need a new pot. Any advise where can I get a replacement or any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Henasau, it sounds like you've been inside the machine and
can access the bad component? Are there any part numbers
of specifications printed on the part?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No insult meant, but I HIGHLY recommend you have someone who has worked on Excals before to do the work, the traces on the excal motherboard are human hair thin and easily destroyed soldering if not very, very careful.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to buy small pots from Mouser and make shaft extenders using brass tubing. Cut notches in them to mate with the housing shafts.

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mouser.com, or Digikey.com. You will need the physical dimensions of the potiometer including case size, shaft length and wiring connection style and pin spacing; best measured with a micrometer. The value of the pot can be measured with an Ohmmeter from the pot ends, terminal-to-terminal. The reading that does not change with the wiper adjusted will be the pot value. Most potentiometers are decade values, ie: 1000 Ohms (1k), 10,000 (10k), 100,000 (100k-Ohm). Sometimes 500/5000/50000 Ohm pots are seen. Pot tuning shafts are usually two sizes (1/8" or 1/4" diameter) unless they are some weird metric. Most common pot tuning shafts can be extended with shaft extenders. If you cannot find a 1/8" diameter shaft pot, it might be replaced with a 1/4" diameter shaft if you can make the electrical connections and drill the front panel hole larger. Good luck. Message me if you have any questions....I might be able to help. Ed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread