NCPeaches
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 24, 2013
- Messages
- 2,882
- Reaction score
- 3,005
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western Piedmont North Carolina
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Looks shell tempered FWIW! Nice finds.
Thanks. We see shell, grit and mica in the pottery here in E. Central Alabama. I'm sure some of the grit is quartz/quartzite. That is the predominant stone here suitable for tool-making.All the pottery I've found is tempered with either crushed quartz or soapstone, some of black shiny temper and I'm not sure what that is. Here in Burke County NC we have Burke Phase and it's the soapstone tempered pottery. I would love to find some shell tempered but I think we may be too far west and in the mountains to have it here but I could be wrong, just haven't found any.