What's new

Pottery shards from creek this morning.

clf_02

Full Member
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Natchez, MS
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these this morning walking the creek I like to walk.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120508_173643.webp
    ForumRunner_20120508_173643.webp
    105 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
How do you tell if it is pottery or just rock? I can see the pattern on the one piece but the others look like rocks to me...
 
I wish I could show you in person. When you actually see and hold them it's not hard to tell. I have a creek where I have found hundreds of pieces over the years. I have gotten to wear I can spot them in a pile of rocks. I will be posting some of my best finds with pictures carved on them over the next few days.
 
:dontknow:.............
 
Shell tempered pottery is the youngest, sand and grog (old pottery groung into dust and small chunks) tempered older and fiber tempered is the oldest type of pottery. I would sink the boat if I picked up the shards I see. I do keep large pieces, rim shards or strange patterns.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom