What's new

Pottery shards

bugman

Greenie
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
145
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
teknetics t-2 special edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pottery 004.webpJust getting into this, walked a creek today for the first time didn't find any points but 50 pottery shards.
 

Attachments

  • 20200121_182612.webp
    20200121_182612.webp
    570.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200121_182637.webp
    20200121_182637.webp
    551.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool. We used to see many pieces of pottery on sites, looked them over, but never picked them up unless they were rim sherds, which the archies told us helped to identify the culture. One piece my buddy did keep had a full fingerprint in it. I always thought that was a very cool find.
 
Very cool !!
See the basket weaving, imprinted on some of them?
 
Wow ! That’s a lot of pottery shards some good size ones too that one in first pic at the bottom left corner is really neat , surely there’s some nice points close by
If not I’d call that a NCpeaches creek
 
Last edited:
You have some flint there too I see with all those pot shards. There's bound to be some points there too. Keep at it!
 
I think you have the base of a broken stemmed point just right of center, near the bottom. Light gray in color. I agree with Tdog, they're in there.
 
Very nice! I love seeing the pottery sherds as much as the points on here.
 
That creek will probably produce for a long time. Do any of the pieces match up?
 
I think you have the base of a broken stemmed point just right of center, near the bottom. Light gray in color.

Good eyes sandchip. It looks like it to me now that you've pointed it out.

base.webp
 
All amazing! The ones in the first pic look incised to me. I find mostly pottery shards in my creek too but have never found 50 in one hunt which makes me so jealous.
 
I have a creek like that but I do find points an so will you with that much pottery.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom