What's new

Pre-Civil War Button ?

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I have been hunting a property with Confederate campsites and haven't found anything civil war, not even a bullet. It has been hunted to death. But we are hopeful. I have seen this design on Post Civil War buttons, but this thing looks old and is made very solid? I found it along with some musket balls and flat buttons in the same location. The makers mark is just visible but I can't make it out. Any info would be great, thanks.

20160305_142754.webp
 
Upvote 2
Nah, definitely a WWI-WWII Great Seal button.
 
Nah, definitely a WWI-WWII Great Seal button.

Agree. For sure a great seal button and newer than the CW. the wreath above the eagle is a dead giveaway.
 
Nope, post-1902
 
Thanks guys for setting me straight. Appreciate it. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom