Preble county ohio hopewell indian site

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ive found an untouched indian camp in the past year ive found over 50 points 30 hammer stones one axe and one celt is there anyone that has experience in this??? I would love to get someone who knows what theyre doing so we can start moving some dirt.. this is my first year hunting and honestly have no idea what im doing serious inquiries only please…anything anyone find they can keep i only ask for your knowledge flint types, time period best places to look ect thank you for reading

Upvote 7

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post some pictures in our Indian Artifact Forum, we have over 3000 years of indian artifact experience.

Don't post a couple pictures of all of those found, post in smaller groups with pictures that are in focus and helps to post both sides.

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_4633.jpeg
    IMG_4633.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Moved your thread to our Indian Artifact Forum.

You do have some nice artifacts, but also have some naturals mixed in.

I don't see any artifacts in first group of pictures.

2nd post first frame mostly artifacts, 2nd frame some broken pieces and maybe shaft straightner, picture is bad so can't tell for sure, bottom row, third from left is that a groove?

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Moved your thread to our Indian Artifact Forum.

You do have some nice artifacts, but also have some naturals mixed in.

I don't see any artifacts in first group of pictures.

2nd post first frame mostly artifacts, 2nd frame some broken pieces and maybe shaft straightner, picture is bad so can't tell for sure, bottom row, third from left is that a groove?
Yes it is and it goes all the way around sorry for the poor picture i just posted some of what i had atm

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I agree some natural some artifacts. I’m sure you might get some assistance on your site. It’s important to get permission which I’m hoping you have. I do have to tell you a story about a guy advertising in a site similar to open forum. He was inviting people to come hunt for treasure with him to his lucky spot. They would go in hopes of finding treasure. Well most would never come back. The guy was tricking them so I’m sure you can speculate why they weren’t coming back. You have to be careful when advertising for all to see. I have met some people online and gone hunting with them. I usually meet at an open place for breakfast kind of like an interview. If it doesn’t feel right I apologize and excuse myself. Just saying be careful.

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree some natural some artifacts. I’m sure you might get some assistance on your site. It’s important to get permission which I’m hoping you have. I do have to tell you a story about a guy advertising in a site similar to open forum. He was inviting people to come hunt for treasure with him to his lucky spot. They would go in hopes of finding treasure. Well most would never come back. The guy was tricking them so I’m sure you can speculate why they weren’t coming back. You have to be careful when advertising for all to see. I have met some people online and gone hunting with them. I usually meet at an open place for breakfast kind of like an interview. If it doesn’t feel right I apologize and excuse myself. Just saying be careful.

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No and im completely open to having breakfast or something.. ive been hunting arrowheads for a year now and what ive found has been on the surface… ive got permission to over 3000 acres here in preble county ohio… i know i could learn from someone experienced is all…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread