What's new

Prettiest Large Cent I’ve ever dug!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today, ain’t she a beaut! I swear if I catch the light right, I can see a bit of luster.
How about that!

image.webp

image.webp

Thanks for looking! :hello:
 
Upvote 45
Nice find! They usually come out of the ground so corroded up here in NY. I had about 3 years metal detecting in Maryland from 2000-2003 - fun times. I only found two large cents during those years: a mangled 1808 Classic Head and a dateless 1794 that shows the outline of the Liberty Cap portrait.
 
That must have been laying under the floorboards for a long time. Very nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom