What's new

Pretty good day

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
Found a couple of small points
A nice oval knife
And a heartbreaker of a Bradly Spike
Thought the spike was a big drill until I saw the cortex on the base. Not the best pictures but I have some salmon cooking and I’m hungry. Have a good day
Also a old marble
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2819.webp
    IMG_2819.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2829.webp
    IMG_2829.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2828.webp
    IMG_2828.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 12
Really hard to capture the work on the oval knife and Spike maybe these pictures will be better. Creek finds can be water worn
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2839.webp
    IMG_2839.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2838.webp
    IMG_2838.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 109
Orange material is amazing! Quartz??
It’s quartzite heat treated. The black ones were amazing when I first found them until they dried like most artifacts I find even banner preforms. Thanks for the compliment. I showed it to the owner and he liked it too. It’s a really good creek and I’m lucky to have it. Last year I gave him a frame of points and a whole ham for Christmas.
 
good finds
nice color
marble is a great bonus
congratulations
I think the marble is quite old feels like a clay but I don’t think they had clay marbles in colors like that. I don’t feel any glaze on it and it’s not perfectly round. Any idea on the age?
 
I just found an oval tool and a rough looking longer point, just had to show me up with a full quartz point and a marble haha, glad you are finding stuff, seems to be the slow season for new finds which is understandable.
 
I just found an oval tool and a rough looking longer point, just had to show me up with a full quartz point and a marble haha, glad you are finding stuff, seems to be the slow season for new finds which is understandable.
You should post them. Don’t worry about me life is getting busy again so it will be a week or two before I can get back out.
I think the quartz is a Woodland point I’ve found a few of them. Must of been thrown as a dart point. Called a New Market. They can be confused with a Elora very easily.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2845.webp
    IMG_2845.webp
    297.9 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom