Pretty good hunt and I forget the camera

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Easter afternoon to a private place I go to often though I haven't been there in awhile. Started walking out to the place and got more than halfway there and realized I left my camera in the rig. Wasn't going to go back so kept moving. Sure wish I would have, one of my better days in awhile so no in-situs which bugs me bad. Got some crummy pics on the counter at home but I can still fondle the points,enjoy, I sure did. Second pic is pieces found that day.Green pebble looking thing is a necklace piece or something like that it has a natural groove that has been worked on so they could tie it on. Don't know what the material is though.

Attachments

• Easter Hunt 2017.JPG
    Easter Hunt 2017.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 127
  • P1050558.JPG
    P1050558.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of nice points, good day

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting dark so I tried a couple of indoor shots 86, not much better...

Attachments

• P1050562.JPG
    P1050562.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 88
  • P1050563.JPG
    P1050563.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 71

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice points very typical for the area in style and material...great bunch

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good hunt?? Pretty big understatement! Several beauties!

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day for sure, yeah I love the insitu pics the most, way to go on a great hunt though!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say there pics are better .... That one is killer .... Looks almost clear with grey stripes running thru it ... Is that a type of Quartz ? Also is the notched one a Dessert Sierra ? I think they are some of the best looking points out there.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like an epic hunt, would love to find just one of these things. or even half of one haha

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day for sure, yeah I love the insitu pics the most, way to go on a great hunt though!

I think I have pics of most every whole and broke point that I have found for many years. Ruined a couple good 35mm. cameras packing them around and the dirt finally ruined them. New digitals are great, you can take as many pics as you want. Bummed me out not getting in-situs of those but there will be other days and points.Usually go through my mental list of stuff to pack but forgot this time. Thanks for reply.

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say there pics are better .... That one is killer .... Looks almost clear with grey stripes running thru it ... Is that a type of Quartz ? Also is the notched one a Dessert Sierra ? I think they are some of the best looking points out there.

86 that point is banded obsidian,a little cloudy from patina. Love the banded pieces.We have very few points made of quartz around here.
You are spot on about the one being a Sierra variety of the desert side notch points. We have all the different types in those points though I LOVE the Sierra variety the best. Locally we call them Fox Ears. Hard to find totally whole, pretty delicate points. Got a little box darn near full with points with just one ear gone .It is kind of interesting that these are some of the latest in time of the arrow points around here. Thanks for interest.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Uncle Welsbury,

I would like to visit you in Oregon.

;)

AMAZING FINDS !!!!

That would qualify as best day ever for me....even just finding one of those points. you are in the ZONE! :icon_thumright:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some outstanding finds.
HH
dts

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always forget my camera on purpose cause the darn thing freezes up and is old. Glad you saved some of those killer points before they got broken, rock

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: You have some dandy's there! Looks like you had a very good hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions