What's new

Pretty Meager Hunt .... Button ID Help Plz

46Wheat

Silver Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
3,357
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for an hour or so last night . Not much for finds. IHP that cleaned up great , nice sew on button , couple old canning jars from a abandoned shed . Nice two piece button with an iron back . Can anyone help me with an ID on the button ? Sometimes your the windshield ,sometimes your the bug . Guess I was the bug this hunt
 

Attachments

  • 1468022387370.webp
    1468022387370.webp
    118 KB · Views: 95
  • 1468022407729.webp
    1468022407729.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1468022425820.webp
    1468022425820.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 1468022438776.webp
    1468022438776.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 1468022455784.webp
    1468022455784.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 12
A Great hunt IMO.
 
Bug!?! You found a really nice 110 year old coin!!!

WTG!
 
Bug!?! You found a really nice 110 year old coin!!!

WTG!

That IH is probably one of the nicest I have ever dug . Guess I just expected more out of this permission.
 
Hi 46Wheat; I think you can put the swatter away.!!! The button with the Lettering has my attention. I think it is a bit older than you think. Please Post a picture of both sides. I think I know what it is. Maybe some of the other guys want to help out here. What say ye guys ?? I await. PEACE:RONB
 
I can post a pic of the back but it's iron and all corroded
 
Here you go
 

Attachments

  • 1468024509682.webp
    1468024509682.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 1468024529587.webp
    1468024529587.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 88
Hi; It is a 2 Piece Button. 1860 - 1890. I can't read the Lettering but I'm sure one of the guys here can. Then We can tell you what the Letters means ok. PEACE:RONB
 
Thank you . Much appreciated
 
I was thinking it was a S K intertwined with what looks like an eyeball behind it . But I'm guessing
 
Looks like a good day to me, better than the one I had congrats
 
I'd be stoked with that great hunt! Sorry my button ID skills are very lacking, like no skill. I do like that button, great finds, I love the jars too!
 
I would use the Glass Preserves Jar to hold my Wheat Pennies. The Indian Head Penny is in great shape. That button should prove to be interesting.
Could the K stand for Kentucky? ?
Congrats
 
Nice IH + cool button = a successful hunt. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom